Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Northern West Virginia

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 03:58 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Northern West Virginia

Anyone in the Berkley Springs or Paw Paw area familiar with a campsite on rt 127 near the Capon river? I've heard it's run by a family named Johnson and there are some trails as well as reasonable camping prices? Anyone rode the train track trail from Paw Paw to Hancock lately. I was raised near Paw Paw but it's been alot of years since I've been there. PM me if you have any info. We've been riding at the Cove in Gore, Va lately but now that's it's camping season they are not thrilled having 4 wheelers there.

Old 03-25-2007, 10:19 PM
Trailblazer

Isnt that Cherry run? If so i ride there all the time. I think the railroad put up a sign that says No parking permitted, so we have not been back there in about a month or so. If this is the place, it is by far the best riding i have done ANYWERE. Lots of mud,hills and great smooth trails. I think i road the traintracks your talking about also. We parked under the bridge that connects MD and WV. We have some other places we ride also, get ahold of me if you want to ride. Sometimes we go to Green Ridge, but it has been pretty washed out the past couple of times we went. We have been hitting Michaux State forrest in PA. It is VERY nice and lots of parking.

Old 03-27-2007, 03:45 AM
Trailblazer

Not sure if its called Cherry Run. Is there camping where you are referring to. All I know is its on rt 127 near the capon river before you get to rt 9 to go towards Paw Paw and the people who run the camp are named Johnson. I've got a cousin who lives in Romney who is checking on it also. My group is headed to Tower City next Saturday, but after that I would like to try Michaux. I live in Md so I'm not sure what I need to do to get a sticker, etc for Michaux. We like to do weekend camp trips and ride the entire weekend. I use a truck tent that sets up in the bed of my Nissan so I am pretty versatile on the camping side of things. We also like to rent a cabin when one is available. There a four in my group but I would be willing to meet you if you have a good area to ride. Take Care and thanks for the info. Have you tried out the Cove in Gore, VA. Pretty good trails but a little on the rocky side.

06 Cat 500
2500 Warn Winch
Itp Terracross on Itp series 5 rims
Magellan GPS
Cat sway bar
front and rear brush guards

Old 03-27-2007, 07:30 AM
Trailblazer

Well if you cant get your tag, we can go to green ridge or i would like to try the cove sometime. I work and grew up in Hagerstown,so i know MD pretty well. I would be willing to go anywhere to ride except Tower city. LOL you'll see what i mean. Its pretty rough right now. Hope you have fun, and let me know about meeting up to ride.

Old 03-27-2007, 04:04 PM
Trailblazer

Sounds good. I guess I'm in for some rocky rutted trails at Tower City so I'll pay the daily riding fee before I decide to join or not. My Cat does pretty good on the rough stuff with the 12" of ground clearance and IRS but I do not like to ride rocks all day. I'll try to find out more about Michaux as it sounds like a great place to ride. We're trying to organize a Cove weekend in May. Soon as I know a date I'll get back to you. Take care and I'll let you know what we thought about the Tower City ride.

Old 03-27-2007, 04:21 PM
2TV
Pro Rider

This coming weekend will be the last one for riding at Michaux as the winter season will close at the end of the day on Sunday April 1. It will open back up for the summer season on Memorial Day weekend. To ride at Michaux you need to get a license plate for your quad ($20 per year for out of PA residents) from the PA DCNR and you will also need to have insurance on your quad. We have a group that will be riding there on Sunday...

Old 03-28-2007, 07:45 AM
Trailblazer

I got my tag at M&S cycle on Rt 30 right before Michaux. What time are you riding on Sunday? Maybe i will slide up, im only 8 miles from there.

Old 03-28-2007, 09:50 AM
2TV
Pro Rider

I will likely be in the Big Flat parking lot at 10:00 on Sunday (tan Ford F-250 crew cab with "quadcrew.com" on the back window)...

Old 03-28-2007, 12:50 PM
Weekend Warrior

sat4314,
Hey there. I used to own 5 acres in Slanesville WV and just recently sold it but I used to ride all around in the Slanesville/Levels area. The RR tracks not far outside of Levels used to be a favorite area but the RR is getting defensive of thier property. I recently round some outstanding trails in Lee Ranger District Edinburg, Va. Do an internet search for Tasker's Gap or Peter's Mill Run. The best part about it is the trails are FREE. We spent about 4 hours riding and only saw about 1/3 of what was there.
Have fun, Andy

Old 03-29-2007, 07:33 AM
Trailblazer

sound's good 2tv, i might be there, im not sure if i have to work that night or not. I am only 8 miles away,so i should be able to swing it, even if i do have to work.

We are going up Friday morning also.

Quick Reply: Northern West Virginia