Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

kentucky

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 08:08 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kentucky

does any one know any good places to go riding in kentucky i dont know of many. any time i ride i go to the same trail and ride the same path. if anyone knows of anyplace reply to this please riding is boring riding the same path over and over.

Old 04-08-2007, 08:10 PM
Pro Rider
Default kentucky

There is a pretty good place at land between the lakes. We try and make a trip there each year.

Old 04-08-2007, 08:12 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default kentucky

i have heard of that one but is so far away i live in mount sterling if u dont know where that is it is around lexington.

Old 04-09-2007, 12:24 PM
Pro Rider
Default kentucky

You're within a few hours of some great places to ride. My personal favorite is Black Mountain in Harlan County. Listed below is some links that may be helpful:

Riding Spots:
Harlan Co. Ridge Runners
Harlan Co. Trails
Daniel Boone Trails
Land Between the Lakes
Mountain Parkway Offroad
Big Rock
Bucks Run
Paddys Bluff
Windrock
Hatfield McCoy

Trail Finders:
ATV Pathfinder
ATV Fan Trailfinder
Dirtopia

Old 04-09-2007, 11:00 PM
Trailblazer
Default kentucky

Someone pointed me at this site and it helped me find crap load of spots. The downside is you have to give up your name and email. It has been a week and I have not gotten any smap from them. www.atvpathfinder.com is the site. Good luck.

Old 04-11-2007, 02:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default kentucky

you live in a great state that is developing so many trails as we speak. In the eastern part of ky, there is a 12 county program that is developing over 1200 miles of trails linked together. This is happening after what is being done in harlan kentucky at black mountain recreational park. So here in a few years there will be many trails. IM going down to knott county for a big ride at the new honda training center next weekend. But there is harlan kentucky to ride, land between the lakes, big rock ohv, danial boone national forests and more. What part of ky are you from.

http://www.knottcountyky.gov/

Old 04-11-2007, 03:14 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default kentucky

around lexington but if you are fimilar with all of kentucky i live in mount sterling.

Old 04-11-2007, 08:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default kentucky

i know were that is. Been there a few times to see my great grandma. Your only a few hours from harlan and knott county. I dont know if your old enough to drive but you should consider going down there for their to ride. Out in the mountains.

Old 04-11-2007, 10:56 PM
Range Rover
Default kentucky

Black Mountain for sure! Over 40,000 acres to ride...FREE. Go to the trailhead in the City of Evarts, where you can legally ride your quad in town to restaurants, gas stations, bank, grocery store, etc. Just obey all traffic laws and wear a helmet, and you'll be fine! If you stay in town, you can unload and never have to load back up until it's time to go home. FREE guided rides courtesy of the Harlan County Ridge Runners, or buy a map and go at it on your own...trails are from easy to extreme. Go to mapquest.com to find out how far you are from it...in your destination, just put "Evarts, KY 40828". 2 campgrounds in town, or many homes are available to rent. Check it all out at www.rr.kyoutdoors.com Check out the forum, where any of your ?'s will be answered. You gotta check it out! By the way, from Mt. Sterling to Evarts is about 3 1/2 hours, or about 153 miles.

Old 04-13-2007, 06:54 AM
Pro Rider
Default kentucky

Thanks for the great Kentucky tips. I have been trying to decide where to spend a few days riding this summer and the Black Mountain summer stampede in June looks like it's right up my alley. I'm going to start making plans for it today. I try to travel somewhere diffrent out of state each year and I have not ridden this one yet. Last year I spent a week at Hatfield McCoy and had a blast.

Thanks again I'm going to Georgia to ride today,
Mud

Quick Reply: kentucky