Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Jackman, Maine

Old 06-05-2007, 10:27 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jackman, Maine

Jackman has over 300 miles of ATV trails. We have a new trail to the Canadian border now open, and soon you will be able to ride into Canada where there is a huge trail network as well. Our miles and miles of wooded trails offer chances to see moose, deer, and many other of the areas wildlife. Have you ever ridden here?

Scott
Spruce Meadow Cabins

www.sprucemeadowcabins.com

Old 06-05-2007, 11:18 PM
Pro Rider
Default Jackman, Maine

Do you need Canadian registration to cross the border? Also, where is the best unloading point? And are there any maps available for the network yet? I have an old ATV map and probably if the trails are marked good there won't be a problem but I often like to plan a route. I ride the Solon/Bingham area quite often and may try to connect and make it to Jackman (I carry 3.5gal extra so I may be able to make it), I also heard that from Bingam you can also connect and get to Greenville but I have not tried that either. Need be, I can carry 13 extra gallons.

Old 06-06-2007, 10:05 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Jackman, Maine

Registration will be needed in Canada, but I believe that you will be able to legally ride as far as the first clubhouse there before registering. Maps are available at all the local businesses up here- we just printed up new ones for this year. I can send you one if you'd like - give us a call at 207-668-4000 or email me at sprucemeadow@gwi.net. The Border Riders clubhouse on Rt 201 just north of Jackman is a great place to unload and hit the trails.

Scott
Spruce Meadow Cabins

Old 06-06-2007, 05:19 PM
Pro Rider
Default Jackman, Maine

http://www.borderridersclub.com/atvnews_f3.html

heres a pic of the trails and i've never even been there before. nice eh!

Old 09-11-2008, 03:33 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Jackman, Maine

We just came back and we loved the place. We stayed in the Spruce Meadow Cabins which were both clean and convenient to the trail system. The owner of the cabins, Scott, even helped me with some clutch repair!!! Now that is service with a smile. My wife went with us and spent her days sitting by the pond reading and play fetch with our dog!!! She loved it... I was out riding all day then we built a fire outside at night and I told her all about our ride.

Can't wait to go back. Maine is EXTREMELY picturesque and Scott was a great host.

Old 09-12-2008, 02:54 AM
Trailblazer
Default Jackman, Maine

Moose there are no moose in maine! I was up there for an entire week and there were no moose. Its just a myth to get people to go and see this so called moose. Just kidding I was up there for a week and did literally just about run into a moose. As that agostav character (who does not know how to make a fire) said Scott the owner is an excellent host and i will not hesitate to go back.

Old 09-21-2008, 07:42 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Jackman, Maine

We were their in aug had a fun time saw moose,beaver's was hoping to see a bear but never did .Made 300 miles on the trails jackman to solon .Alot of great lakes ,stream's would post pictures if someone can explain how?