Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Help Ohio riders where can I go to ride??

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2001, 09:56 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man I'm desperate Ive been riding in bean feilds and in empty loots I'm dying here!!Anyone Know of a good place to ride within 100 miles of Dayton??

Old 01-09-2001, 10:11 AM
Pro Rider

How close are you to the Wayne National Forest? It is the ultimate place to ride. It's right next to Logan, Ohio.

Old 01-09-2001, 01:37 PM
Pro Rider

Beck

I would agree with Quadfather, the Wayne National Forest is your best option in Ohio for Public riding areas. It is probably within 100 miles of Dayton. The only bad thing is, the trails are closed until April 15. As for private riding, there are some private areas to ride in Indiana and Kentucky, but I can't remember the details. One is called Haspin Acres. Watch for various post in this forum and you will pick up some additional locations. Also, there is a guy in the forum named "DSlover" (or something close to that). He is probably in the Bombadier forum but occasionally post in the Polaris forum. If you can find a post of his, he list his riding areas in his signature. You could probably email him if you find it. If I see a post from him, I will post another reply.

Old 01-09-2001, 05:01 PM
Pro Rider

My family and 4-Man-S are heading to Haspin Acres this Saturday. Haspin Acres (www.motocrosspark.com) is a private facility about 26 miles from the Indiana/Ohio border along I-70. Costs $10 per bike, and you are allowed to ride almost anywhere on the property. It has a nice variety of terrain, and something for every type of rider (sport, utility, etc). There is little else open during the winter months in Ohio. Wayne is great, and Perry in just east of Columbus, but the closest to you is probably Pike State Forest APV park. It is near Long's Retreatcampground, near Latham, Ohio (Rt. 124). There is also Big Rock OHV Park in Maysville, Kentucky, which isn't that far from Cincinati. Check out www.bigrockatvpark.com for more info..

Old 01-09-2001, 07:03 PM
Trailblazer

Hey RubiconBob. I am probably going to be at haspin on 01/13/01 too.

Old 01-10-2001, 12:02 AM
Pro Rider

There's also a place right outside Wilmington, Ohio called New Vienna MX park. That wouldn't be that far from Dayton and they're open year round.
It's not as big as Haspin but it's alot better maintained. It would be a little over an hour from Dayton. Big Rock in Maysville, Ky is nice too and that would be about 1 1/2 to 2 hours from Dayton. Haspin would also be within a couple of hours from you.

Old 01-10-2001, 12:12 AM
Pro Rider

Beckola -

I live just up the road on I75 from you in Sidney. E-mail me at dmeyer@thesmsgroup.com and I'll give you detailed direction to all the riding locations I know of near us.

Old 01-11-2001, 07:16 PM
Pro Rider

FearSys, 4-Man-S and I (not sure how much of my family is going to go) will be there bright and early (we're leaving at 6am). Look for a Ford F-350 dually, painted like Dale Earnhardt's #3 race car (with a big, white #3 in the rear window). Depending on number of family coming along, we will either have both Honda's (4-Man-S and mine)on the ATV caddy, or at least 3+ on a red flatbed trailer. Let me know what you're driving (truck, not ATV), and I'll look for you....

Old 01-11-2001, 07:19 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah, I forgot about New Vienna, probably because they're mostly a MX track (2) with some limited fields between them. Not much for non-sport ATV'ers like myself to do other than ride the MX track.....

Old 01-11-2001, 10:06 PM
Trailblazer

RubiconBob
Glad to hear about you being a #3 fan. So am I. I drive a 98 F-150 extend cab (Torredor red/Tan)with tail light blackouts and a polaris sticker on the back window. I will be pulling a 5X8 trailer. I am leaving about 7 a.m., but I am about 45~55 minutes closer to haspin than you. Hope to see you there!

Quick Reply: Help Ohio riders where can I go to ride??