Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Can't believe my fellow riders!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 11:08 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't believe my fellow riders!!!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] I belong to a riding club in the coal mining area in PA. I heard about a free riding area that I rode at years before. I decided to go . I found the place to have been trashed by riders leaving behind all kinds of trash. This is not locals but our own kind. This is EXACTLY what all the tree hugging conservationists are complaining and using as examples against the whole of us. NOT TO MENTION THE LAND OWNER who can kick us out at any time. I pay a $1000 a year to ride at my club. the club was formed from the same situation as I just saw.

Couple of thoughts 1 if you can't take your trash home with you STAY out 2 Do you people who ruin it for the rest of us want to PAY TO RIDE 3 Every time I go there to ride I will take a bag of other peoples trash home with me. It is a small price to pay to ride for free, and just maybe it will catch on. You people know who you are, and if I see you leaving trash behind I WILL SAY SOMETHING. Thanks

Old 01-16-2008, 11:21 PM
Pro Rider

It don't take many knot heads to screw it up for many. Trash, off trail riding, loud pipes, riding wheelies in the hotel parking lot among other things just hose it up for the majority.

Old 01-17-2008, 12:01 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I completely agree with you 100% and when I do go to a public area I pick up as well.

Old 01-17-2008, 10:13 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

A simple trash bag doesn't take up that much space. If we do take a cooler, the empties go right back in it.

The same people that have no qualms about throwing trash out on the trails are probably the same ones that have a cow when someone tosses some trash into their yards at home.

Old 01-20-2008, 02:29 AM
Weekend Warrior

When me and my friend go riding up in the mountains in PA the only way you can tell we were there is by the tire tracks. And it is always an all day affair with the grill and chairs out. we always pick up after our selves and what ever else is in the spot we use. As for the loud pipes half of us are guilty. I am debating on getting something quieter as it does keep me from riding some pay to ride areas

Old 01-20-2008, 09:12 AM
Trailblazer

Thank you! I was wondering if wife & I (newbies late 2007) were only ones who are POed about the tons of trash ATVers leave all over the place. The first time we went to a 'local' free area to ride we couldn't believe the way the parking area looked. Remember the old open dumps we used to have? There wasn't a square foot of clear ground in the 1/2 acre or so area. We were beginning to think ATVers were the biggest damm pigs in the world.

2d time there we each brought a large trash bag and filling them was the last thing we did before leaving. Now we bring 2 trash bags, fill one before riding, other after we're done. Place still looks like hell but maybe, just maybe, it'll catch on.

Old 01-20-2008, 09:20 AM
Pro Rider

I agree with you all about rider's who leave garbage on these trail's that we have a priviledge to ride on , and it's those who leave the main trail's and ride over these earthern burms ( Humps of dirt ) or blaze new trail's ; that give responsible rider's a blackeye and they're giving the anti ORV tree hugger's ammo to have the trail's we have to ride closed !

And i'm like you guy's i carry a garbage bag and a stick with a nail on the end to pick other's trash , even though i'm a billatral amputtee i can still use the stick to pickup other's trash ; and when i come to a mud hole that i can't go around i go slow to keep from making them larger !

While a few will delibertly try to make these mud hole's bigger and wider , causing the Forrest Service to close off these sections of our trail's untill volunteer's come in after these mud hole's dry up ; so they can patch them up before the Forrest Service reopen's them !

If not for these volunteer's coming in to clear the trail's of fallen tree's and soil erroission , the Forrest Service couldn't or wouldn't keep them open for us to ride ; so it's these people who give of their time and sweat that we should thank for our trail system's opened for all to enjoy !

I thank you all for the hard work you do so this old man with no leg's below the knee's making it possible for me to get into the woods , so i can hunt , fish ; or just ride where i can't walk to enjoy the great outdoor's ; for that i thank you all from the bottom of my heart !..................

Old 02-09-2008, 04:17 AM
Range Rover

That's sad to see all the trash left behind. I ride in the coal mine areas in Freeland PA and I have told other riders to pick up their junk and trash, so I know were you're comming from. If more riders were like you I think the landowners would have a different impression of atv riders. But I'm guilty of the loud pipe thing [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-09-2008, 02:59 PM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!

I hear ya, this summer, my son and I drove a few hours to a popular riding spot,it is in the woods, near a lake and has many little camping spots scattered around. We pulled over to take a break at a campsite, and it was full of trash, plastic and boxes, why not burn it? there was a big fire pit there,but no, just scatter it all over. And that wasn't even the worst, we noticed a smell coming from the edge of the campsite, there sat a 5 gal. bucket , half full of human feces, that's right, a big bucket of crap, just left there to reek !!! I would like to find those people and dump it on thier car seat. One, burn or take out your trash, why just leave it all, and Two, dig a hole and bury your poop, who in the heck dumps in a bucket and leaves it ????????? This is the exact stuff that gets riding areas closed down.

Old 02-09-2008, 07:11 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

THANKS FOR A GOOD TOPIC!!! AND I'LL SECOND WHAT ALL OF YOU ARE SAYING PEOPLE BETTER GET THERE CRAP TOGETHER OR WE WILL HAVE NO WHERE TO RIDE. ITS BAD ENOUGH AS IT IS WITH THE GOVERMENT CLOSING DOWN ALL THE NATIONAL FOREST AREAS AS IT IS. BUT THAT IS A WHOLE OTHER TOPIC!!!

Quick Reply: Can't believe my fellow riders!!!