Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Minnesota Riders

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 08:37 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Minnesota Riders

hey BS, still thinking about a 700?

Old 02-16-2008, 12:44 AM
Range Rover
Default Minnesota Riders

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: bigsled

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: hondabuster

I hope youre not referring to the jiggly avatars.[IMG][/IMG]</end quote></div>

hey andy.. pm staremwi if you happen to know anything about can am's . i dont know if she's looking for a sport or utility. her name is bobbi</end quote></div>

Do you know anything that will be helpful for me?? Im going to go tomm...it's be fun to have everyone come with - could make it a party! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-16-2008, 10:01 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Minnesota Riders

The can ams are good units, but a bit pricey. Which one are you looking to get?

Old 02-16-2008, 12:22 PM
Range Rover
Default Minnesota Riders

not sure yet...that is kinda what Imm hoping for input. Ask a couple fo the guys - im not a great big girl at all and I want to be able to play and still have the ability to try to keep up with you all..LOL... Im partial to the Renegade but Im also liking the utility types too......decisions decisions....

I sure wish you all were closer - you could go and help me figure it out!

Old 02-16-2008, 04:44 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Minnesota Riders

The renegade is kind of like a wolverine, 4x4 but sporty. The 500 is an awesome machine....loads of power, and sounds good. I dont think you would need the bigger motors, like the 650 or 800.
Are you partial to any one brand? Is any brand, off the table?
If you go for a stickly ute...youre probably gonna have a hard time keeping up with the boys on the sportys, they just dont handle and slide like a sporty will. But the racks are a nice feature, and 4x4 is fun, if you find the right mudhole. And who knows, you might be the hero of the day, by pulling the boys out of the mud, when they get stuck.
The only bad thing I hear about the bombs, are that they are overpriced for what they are.

Old 02-16-2008, 06:10 PM
Range Rover
Default Minnesota Riders

ok - i just got back from looking....Yes - they are high - but I learned there are less moving parts in them and with the suspensions etc...sounds like a good thiing for me....from the maintenance side, it also sounds like a better way to go too...Yeah - they are pricy, but Hey..I work in Trucking....I can shop anywhere right??? there are great deals all over the place...just not in Eau Claire, WI right now. I think it is going to the the 500 or 400 with the XT package - gotta be yellow.......comes complete with everything that I would like....Im going to trade in my poli and get a small one for the boys...can do this almost even up. I will get the Renegade when my ship comes in..

I would love to be the "support team" if anyone gets stuck..lol - that is a blast - sometimes the best thing about riding.....I just see the uti as the right machine so far for me...good to have extra gas can, cooler, tools etc... Hate to see anyone stuck out there!!

Old 02-18-2008, 12:00 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Minnesota Riders

Hello all! I'm new here as you can tell by my post count.
I live about 30 miles south of St Cloud. I do most of my riding in Foot Hills state forest near Pine River.
I have an 06 Raptor 700, 05 Kodiak 450, and 00 400ex.

Old 02-18-2008, 09:20 AM
Range Rover
Default Minnesota Riders

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Eli75

Hello all! I'm new here as you can tell by my post count.

I live about 30 miles south of St Cloud. I do most of my riding in Foot Hills state forest near Pine River.

I have an 06 Raptor 700, 05 Kodiak 450, and 00 400ex.</end quote></div>

welcome .... we are a good size group that ride raptors and 450 sport quads .. we ride pretty fast. 120 to 200 miles. mostly 4th and 5th gear. usually day trips about 2 hrs from mpls/st paul either north /east into wi or east into wi. if thats something you're interested in . mabey we can hook up when the trails are ready.

Old 02-18-2008, 09:46 PM
Pro Rider
Default Minnesota Riders

My dad has a 2006 outlander 400 XT. it a really nice machine but not enough power for what i like. Get the 650 XT. good for anything. or better yet renegade 500 sweet sweet machine

Old 02-18-2008, 10:06 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Minnesota Riders

Hey, BS, looks like we're going march 1st, if its not too cold. Is your yami ready to go?

Quick Reply: Minnesota Riders