Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Black Mountain Off-Road Adventure Park

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 07:18 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black Mountain Off-Road Adventure Park

Anyone have any words on riding here, I hear its a great place to ride. Being from MI its a long drive, might be worth it...???...

Thanks

Brian

Old 03-14-2008, 11:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have been there several times and the place is great. The local town people are really friendly and the chief of police even rents out housing for riders. There are only a couple of places to eat in town so expect a wait if the crew wants to go out for breakfast before your day of riding. Remember to wear your helmet when riding through town, not a lot of tickets being given out YET!!!!! If you want a guide to show you around get on Harlen County Ridgerunners site.

Old 03-15-2008, 10:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have also been there several times and the riding is great. You can ride in town on your atv without any problems as long as you wear a helmet and obey the laws. They also have a community campfire nightly at the North campground. The people of Evarts make you feel like one of the towns people.

Old 03-18-2008, 07:02 PM
Trailblazer

There are 7 of us from Ohio headed that way this weekend (March 21-23) for some riding. This will be our first trip there and I'm sure from all the talk, not our last..........

Old 03-19-2008, 05:42 AM
Trailblazer

I will be looking forward to a report next week if you could...

Old 03-19-2008, 06:54 AM
Range Rover

bbsq, check out the new website of the Harlan County Ridge Runners, http://www.ridgerunnernation.com there are 58,000 acres of on/off park riding available, FREE. The off park rides require a guide, which is FREE, compliments of the Harlan County Ridge Runners. At the trailhead in Evarts, there is a city ordinance that allows you to legally ride your ATV on city streets-wear a helmet and obey all traffic laws- and you can go to restaurants, gas stations, bank/ATM, trailhead. If you rent a house or camp at the 2 RV parks in Evarts, you unload wherever you are staying, and never have to load back up until it's time to go home-no trailering! If you don't stay in Evarts, there's places to park and unload, free. Check out the website I gave you for lodging info, as well as any other questions you may have. Get on the forum and check out some of the posts. Ask a question on the post, and someone will reply back very soon. Or give me a shout, I'd be happy to help you out.

Old 03-20-2008, 12:19 PM
Weekend Warrior

I'll say it is one of the best places I have ever ridden. It has a great selection of trails. If you like it rough, there is plenty of that. If you like to run flat-out, there's plenty of that too. I think our ATV ministry may try to do a ride there on May 31.

Old 03-21-2008, 03:01 PM
Range Rover

You will LOVE that place.

Old 03-23-2008, 03:29 PM
Trailblazer

Just got back from Black Mtn this morning. Stayed at the cabins above Bud's CHEVRON station. The best riding experience I've been on so far,.......without a doubt. We're already looking into going back in late Aug/early Sept. Trails have EVERYTHING to offer, no matter what your looking for, ITS THERE!! Watched some Rock Crawlers on Middle Rock Garden yesterday. Some insane, crazy machines climbing up what seemed to be impossible trails to manuver.

A MUST RIDE area for anyone who ownes an ATV............................

Old 03-24-2008, 09:39 AM
Weekend Warrior

harlan county is where its at...glad you enjoyed your stay down there. some of the best folks to be around and some of the best riding anywhere...

Quick Reply: Black Mountain Off-Road Adventure Park