Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

ridng in floriduh

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 05:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ridng in floriduh

Thats the only way to probably get away with it anymore... It is getting prety bad between the gas prices and not having anywhere close to ride..

Old 04-21-2008, 06:40 PM
Trailblazer

sflarider could you send me a pm about the place you are talking about

Old 04-22-2008, 11:29 AM
Range Rover

Don't know if you all heard, but the Big Scrub area in the Ocala National Forest is changing its rules July 1st. There will be 45 miles of managed trails from the 200 plus miles of unmanaged that we use to have. And we will have to pay a fee to ride. Same as the Lake Delancy area in the northern part of the forest. JOY, JOY, JOY!!!!!!!

Old 04-22-2008, 05:52 PM
Trailblazer

News paper said 2000 miles of unmanaged trails .There a bunch of idiots they are the ones helping fuel the fire the media that is.They just feed off of other peoples misfourtions .Anything to make more money and more whoops to ride on there perfectly managed trails.But its better than having to pay $475 to ride in a place close to home that use to be free.

Old 04-22-2008, 06:08 PM
Pro Rider

Really sorry to hear about your lack of places to ride.I live in the panhandle Walton county. Lots of places to ride here. I looked at arial maps and found even more places to ride.You might want to try that because I found areas I never dreamed would have trails.We are also allowed to ride on dirt roads here but what fun is that. We can ride along side paved roads as long as were not tearing things up.The only problem with riding is if you have a loud atv.We keep them quite and have never had a problem.To bad it's so far away but if you ever wanted to spend a weekend bring your tents.

Old 04-22-2008, 06:10 PM
Range Rover

At one point in time there might have been 2000 miles of trails before they started numbering every trail you came across so we couldn't ride them. Our biggest issue is that we don't have a strong, substantiated, lobbying organazation to fight what is happening.

Old 04-22-2008, 06:25 PM
Trailblazer

Oh I agree with you I use to ride out there alot before all of this took place.But i guess the tree huggers won again.

Old 04-22-2008, 06:32 PM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Dufrane

Really sorry to hear about your lack of places to ride.I live in the panhandle Walton county. Lots of places to ride here. I looked at arial maps and found even more places to ride.You might want to try that because I found areas I never dreamed would have trails.We are also allowed to ride on dirt roads here but what fun is that. We can ride along side paved roads as long as were not tearing things up.The only problem with riding is if you have a loud atv.We keep them quite and have never had a problem.To bad it's so far away but if you ever wanted to spend a weekend bring your tents.</end quote></div>

It seems to be the commish that we have around here there really being ****** I meen that in a nice way.Because there money hungry like the timber company plum creek they own the land and to keep open to the public they charge that fee.But i will keep that in mind if I ever get up that way but i guess for now i will just have to stay close to home.

Old 04-22-2008, 06:40 PM
Pro Rider

The only problem is going to be to hot to ride in the day time before long.I hate the summers here.offer will always be open to fellow riders who just want to get out and have a good time. We have one nice trail to a great clear blue water lake that we ride to during those hot summer days to go swimming it's about 15 miles away 12 miles of trails and along the side of the road the other three. Funy the cops just wave at us as we go by,they know exactly where were going.

Old 04-22-2008, 06:59 PM
Pro Rider

Just found this out on this site Floridaatvmotoplex.com in madison county.Might have to go there myself to check it out.

Quick Reply: ridng in floriduh