Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Pa. challange track and events

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008 | 12:37 AM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default Pa. challange track and events

I have an 11 acre site in the hills above Harrisburg PA that I am considering setting up for atv challanges and trials..kinda like an exclusive club where you can always bring your dirt bike or atv and go nuts!! It already has a ton of jumps,ridges,bogs,cliffs,rocky paths,stream on site and a flats area. I thought it would be the right thing to add full service areas,cafe,skate park,go carts,wash down areas,showers and?? snowmobiles?? rentals?
I need REAL input from others that live within 2 hours and feel there is a need for such a place. I could expand to another 30 acres if the need came up.
I need to know things like what would make the park great..what is lacking at others and of course,what types of fees would be realistic. I don't need to make a ton,but I have real costs and plan to spend about 200k to finish the project. The bailout option is to develop the site into industrial lots..it already has the right zoning. The property was formerly a coal washdown facility with a solid base.

I have even thought about selling permenant " hangar" spaces to all members and make it a member owned facility,where you can lock up your rides and go anytime,or sell you membership when you outgrow the area...not a themepark with all the tourist traps,but a real serious fun riders place .
I am a novice because I live near Baltimore and frankly,unless you know somebody with a farm or want to get hassled alot,there are no places to"open up" the rides..

Thanks for any input!!