Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Louisville?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 05:33 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Louisville?

Went to wrok last night[Friday] Friends that I ride with said that there riding buddies went to Lynnville to ride a few were from Louisville area and that the CO[DNR] told them that they were not welcome to ride there , that they would warn them and ask them to leave twice and then they would ticket them. Seems that they think only Indiana residents with DNR numbers are allowed. Need to check with the DNR before making any trips there if from out of Indiana.. Just was what I was told hopefully it is a mistake on someones part..

This is located off I-64 at exit 39 would make it about 100 mile run for you from Louisville, we went left Corydon at 8:30Am were home by 5:30 PM after stopping to eat and rode over forty miles that day some of it was backtracking but it was riding.
Listing came from Trail riders of America website

Interlake Property
Interlake Property to be Open for Use August 23, 2008

The Indiana Department of Natural Resources (DNR) property, Interlake, located in Warrick and Pike Counties in southern Indiana near Lynnville will be officially open for year round use Saturday, August 23. This multi-use property is one of only two DNR owned property that permits off-road vehicle (ORV) use. Horseback riding, mountain biking, boating, hiking, fishing, hunting, trapping, and dog training are other uses allowed on site. The operating hours will be sunrise to sunset.
Property rules will be posted at four entrances:
South entrance (main entrance) - State Road 68 (east of Lynnville)
North entrance - County Road 1200 South (Pike County, south of Spurgeon)
West entrances - County Road 1300 South (Pike-Warrick county line)
Clutter Road (Warrick County)
Parking is permitted along roadsides and at the Marion parking lot (adjacent to the north entrance road).
No on site amenities are currently provided, however, a master planning process is in progress to identify future property development. Public meetings will be announced soon.
Persons who visit Interlake are required to follow all DNR property rules. Vehicles and horses are not permitted on marked reclaimed areas. Additionally, no camping, no open fires, Carry In Carry Out supplies and waste. All vehicles must be properly registered and equestrians must comply with bridle tags rules. Interlake is a day use property; use this property at your own risk.

Special Events for 2008
All laws pertaining to permitted activities apply, including the DNR property regulations.
September 20 - Work date for Charity Ride
September 21, 2008 - St. Judes Charity Ride (gate fee for all users)
October 18, 19, 25, 26, 31, 2008 - Work days in preparation for upcoming event
November 1, 2008 - Toys-for-Tots Charity Ride (gate fee for all users)
Frequently Asked Questions

I don't know about anyone else but I want to plan a ride for Interlake as soon as we can. We should do one of the charity rides or both and possibly another just for our group.
We should also make the work date on September 20th.

Dexter Luck
<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.atvwithcutter.com
">http://www.atvwithcutter.com
</a>
"Riding is a passion, not a hobby"

Old 10-10-2008, 06:03 PM
Range Rover
Default Louisville?

Hey Bud167! I didn't know you were on here! We are gonna have to hook up and ride again soon! I was givin reddogemt a hard time this morning about not having his fall ride. He said lets go!

Old 10-10-2008, 07:24 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Louisville?

yes sir try to make about three forums hard to keep up with everything on just one. I saw that you had been giving reddog a talking too. Would love to hook up and ride again, if not this fall next spring for sure. Work gets pretty busy this time of year, but if any way possible we will try to take a day and make another ride. Have a great time in Evarts enjoy the ride wish I was going also..

Old 10-13-2008, 12:39 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Louisville?

bud, whats the city and zip to do a mapquest on that location?

Old 10-13-2008, 01:00 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Louisville?

zip code is 47619
Lynnville Indiana
be off of Interstate 64 at exit 39
get to the map and then just follow the directions will give you a pretty good location