Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Where to ride in GA?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2001, 07:39 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

does anyone know where there are good places to ride in GA, the bigger the better. Im always looking. trying to compile a list of as many areas as i can find in GA and post them on this site.

PLEASE HELP!!! SPREAD THE KNOWLEDGE!!! SHARE TRAILS!!!! AND RIDE HARD(and safe)!!!!!

thanks to all that help in the search for trails

robert

Old 02-07-2001, 12:53 PM
Pro Rider

I use to ride around Lake Acworth, now there is a golf course there. The last time I was home the area around Red Top Mountain is no longer available to ride on. Also, the riding area called "1000 acres" north of Woodstock is no longer woods but houses!

Lived in Kennesaw most of my life. Even went to North Cobb High school.

Good luck trying to find a place. I would think up I575 around Ball Ground or Jasper should have some riding places.

Old 02-08-2001, 07:58 PM
Trailblazer

Hey robertm, You are right not a whole lot of places to ride in GA until March 20. On that date is when the National Forest will re-open their ORV areas. You have several in your area and some of the best in GA. For now you can go up I-75 to Chatsworth and ride at Windy Gap or I heard of a place off 136 & Hwy 9 called Lost Mountain. If you can travel overnight you can hook up with us and ride Windrock, or Sequatchie Valley outside of Chattanooga.

Tennessee so far has some of the best all day riding available but, generally requires two days to enjoy.

Old 02-09-2001, 02:50 PM
Weekend Warrior

Argo, you are right about those places. He needs to look at the GARTRA website since they do most of the trail maintenance in Georgia. Of course, you could just give him Dave's phone number or direct him to Joe and Carla's website. We are going to try to go to Anniston, AL this Saturday to price Ranchers. We'll be in touch.

Old 02-09-2001, 02:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

P.S. Can you believe Snowshark grew up in Cobb County? Small world...

Old 02-11-2001, 09:50 AM
Weekend Warrior

robertm:
I live in Newnan and ride at Cohutta WMA. Its up hwy 411 from Cartersville. There's 20 miles of trails at the Windy Gap/Tibbs Trail area. Its some great riding. I like it much better than Anniston due to less traffic. Maybe I'll see you there. Just stay on the marked trails. The powers over this area want to close it to 4-wheelers due to the damage idiots due off the marked trails.

Old 02-12-2001, 10:33 PM
Range Rover

hey swampfox....you are just right down the road from me. You ever ride anywhere near here(griffin,jonesboro,coweta county etc.)? also have you ever been to culloden poker run?

Old 02-13-2001, 01:37 AM
Pro Rider

ATVnbabe,

Yeah, grew up in Cobb county, I am sure you know where the big Chicken is, don't you! I really miss the people in the south, they are a little more freindly. Great mexican food & bar-b-que, you don't find that up here in the NorthWest.

Another place to ride might be over in Talledega, I remember going to the NASCAR races & seeing lots of ATV over there.

Old 02-14-2001, 11:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

thanks for all the info ill check into the ORV areas when they open.

Snowshark: i live right on the Kennesaw/Acworth line. cobb parkway and ackworth due west, right by North Cobb High. I graduated in '99.

ATVnBABE: you live close? we should ride together sometime, there is a small set of trails behind my subdivision, Calumet Woods (know it). e-mail me if you want directions. good mud, water crossings, medium hills. good for a few hours of riding. Fourwheeler32825@aol.com

Thanks for all the help, keep em' coming!!!

Old 02-14-2001, 11:41 PM
Trailblazer

I used to live in Kennesaw!

Just thought I'd interject!

Quick Reply: Where to ride in GA?