Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Places to ride in Buffalo NY area?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2001, 05:48 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any body have any info on places to ride in the Buffalo area? Trails are very scarce out here other then Chestnut Ridge were you can only ride on roads if snow covered.

Old 02-13-2001, 12:48 AM
Trailblazer

Most of the riding I have done in the Buffalo area has been on the Railroad tracks that run between West Seneca (near the old Seneca Mall) and Lackawanna. From there, I am able to hook up to the snowmobile trails that run along the I-90 from Lackawanna, Blasedell, and out to Hamburg. I usually ride these trails when I have a few hours to kill and I don't want to haul the ATV anywhere. However, I have been stopped by the police a couple of times and asked not to ride there again (West Seneca).
In the past, I rode at a friend of a friends in the Boston-North Collins-Eden area. He knew all of the trails and he let us park in his driveway because there is no place that I know of to park and ride. Unfortunately, my friend moved away from the area and I haven't ridden out there since. This was primarily because all of my quads (wife, brother-in-law, and mine) were stolen. This was 2 years ago. I have been fortunate enough this year to finally get another one but have not had the opportunity to call the guy to ride.
Anyway, I have been out of the Buffalo riding scene for 2 years now and am not familiar with any new trails or even old ones that may have closed. Come spring time, I am going to reaquaint myself with these trails and you are more than welcome to come along (e-mail me).
The last place I heard of is a place called Demlers in North Tonawanda somewhere. I have talked to another guy on the Forum who told me that the police are instructed to keep everyone out of this property i.e. tickets and towing of your ATV. It was also in the newspaper. I am telling you about this place because a friend of mine rode there in the fall and said it was great. He parked on the rode and wasn't hasseled by anyone. I still think it would be a risk to ride there though.
My best advice is to hook up with someone you know with private land, get permission, and ride there whenever you can.

Old 02-14-2001, 11:01 PM
Weekend Warrior

We really have no where to ride in Buffalo. I love in Clarence and I ride at a large quarrey up the rode. I just park my truck and trailer on the side of the rode and go on in. I've only been hasseled once by anyone in 2 years, so guy in a suburban probably just trying to have some fun. One time we rode up the rode and a cop stopped to let my friend cross the intersection so we could go ride. The quarrey is fairly big and part of it crosses the I-90. I've never been on the other side of the thruway, but a member of NYTRO has told me about it. It hooks up with some railroad tracks and he has riden out to lackawana. He also told me there is some good riding near West Valley and Ellicottvile. Supposedly you can park at Gypsys(food place) and they are really friendly to ATVers. I guess there are some good trails right out of its backyard. I have land in Great Valley(close to ellicottville) but the trails are starting to become posted. I had the opportunity to ride in Salamanca once, and wow, the trails were awesome. There is a long drag strip where 2 beds of railroad tracks used to be and you can race anyone. The only problem with Salamanca is ifthe Indians catch you, you are SOL. If you've ever been to the Salamanca dice run I'm sure you've been in the "warm-up" area.(big jumps) I once went there and asked an indian who lived nearby if I could ride in it and he had no problem with it. Just ask, you'd be surprised what people say. I havent been to salamnca lately b/c my friend sold his quad, but there are some great trails.
I have also riden around Arcade(I have land there too) and the locals know quite a few trails. There is also a place near Jamestown, Long Meadows Park, that you can ride at for a fair fee. They have about 20-30 miles of trails. The owner planned to put in a few moto-X tracks at the beginning of last year, but i havent been there since.
If you ever see any quads on the side of the rode i suggest you pull over and talk to them. Wow this is really long. Good luck finding places to ride.
-Justin