Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

hillznhollarz

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 04:59 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 03-09-2009, 08:40 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default hillznhollarz

I'm trying to get my little group to take a trip up there soon...it's only about 1- 1/2 away.

Old 03-09-2009, 07:51 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default hillznhollarz

It is alot of fun out there...the only thing is you have to be cautious and watch out for people in Jeeps, trucks, and what not. The trails were not all that challenging, but lots of fun...if you like mud...they have some SERIOUS mud pits. Lots of rocky creek beds and hills. Also...if I am not mistaken there policy is that if you wanna make your own trail....have fun and goodluck!

Old 03-10-2009, 03:32 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default hillznhollarz

That sounds like just the kind of place we need to go...the guys I ride with like to make their own trails...plus they love playing in the mud. They have sportsmans (sportsmen?) though so they have IRS...rubi's rear axle kept getting hung on me when we went to royal...

Old 03-11-2009, 08:49 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default hillznhollarz

It really is a blast, not to metion they allow primitive camping, during the summer they have mud runs for trucks, compitetions and all that. I've never been to onw, but I know some people whom have and they say its just awesome. What is royal??

Old 03-12-2009, 03:25 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default hillznhollarz

Royal is an off road park located south of Louisville in Clarkson, Ky. It was a pretty cool place (about 500 acres). Not a LOT of mud (although there were some pretty deep pits) but there are quite a few trails plus an MX course and a few drag strips. One long creek runs all the way through it, we rode all the way to the end of it. It cost $15 to ride all day or $25 for the weekend. I guess that means you can camp, but we just went down for a day. We rode about 21 miles I think.

http://www.royalfarmsandatv.com/

Old 03-13-2009, 06:36 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default hillznhollarz

I will certianly have to check Royal out then, that sounds like some fun riding! I also remeberd another place close to Louisville...its in Buckner, Ky, its call Bucks Run. I have only been there once, it was alot of fun. Lots trails and hills, creek beds and stuff. I have some friends that have been several times and they love it. They also have a MX track its mostly for bikes, but you can take your ATV out there. It has some nice jumps and doubles, plus they have a free style table top jump too sitting in the middle of a feild. I think it cost around 10-15 to ride all day there as well, its something like 500 acres.

Trending Topics

Old 03-13-2009, 01:28 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default hillznhollarz

I googled it and their site says the place is closed and for sale. This is a shame since there aren't that many off road parks around anyway. There was another one (don't remember where) that we were gonna go to but it closed too before we got the chance.

Old 03-14-2009, 08:10 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default hillznhollarz

I checked it out...and see what you are saying...wow...thats insane. I wish I had the credit...I'd buy it and open it. A person could have alot of fun with that, and prolly make good money too. I hope whomever does buy it reopens in because I only got to go there once, but it was alot of fun.

Old 03-15-2009, 08:49 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default hillznhollarz

It would make sense to reopen since they could potentially make money by reopening it (well, make money BACK after buying it). OHV/ORV trails are getting to be fewer and fewer because of special interest groups like Thrillcraft that want to stop us (and other people who are involved in any sort of motor sport) from having fun.