Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Massachusetts trails

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2017, 02:16 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by beergut
If anyone lives in the MA - RI - CT area and dosn't feel like driving to Pittsfield to use a state trail- I have about 25-30 miles of wide trails around me, feel free to park at my house.

From my back yard I have many miles of wooded trails that lead onto the power line grid and an open pit, then you can ride misc. trails for about 10 miles down the grid, and then it branches off to a dozen wooded atv trails that go on forever. I've lived here for 10 years and never had or seen any problem. Pretty nice trails, and I'm always looking for someone to ride with!

I live in the forest and can fit about 20 vehicles in my drive way-

I'm in Douglas, Ma 01516

Send me an email for my address-
Hey I just saw this post. I am new to the area. I live in Attleboro. I am looking for a place to ride. Are you still able to ride behind your house?

Old 04-20-2017, 06:52 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Samson12
Hey I just saw this post. I am new to the area. I live in Attleboro. I am looking for a place to ride. Are you still able to ride behind your house?
He has moved to NH now. Sorry to have to let you know. He's a great guy. He rides mostly in NH and Maine now. Not worth getting bagged by the Environmental Police in Mass. in my mind.

Old 04-21-2017, 10:54 AM
Weekend Warrior

Oh damn that would have been sweet to ride there some of his pictures looked great. I am second guessing this purchase now because not being able to ride it around here kinda sucks.

Old 04-21-2017, 12:13 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Mass. only provides 2 or 3 state parks in the western part of the state for riding. Largest trail system of the 3 has all of 18 miles riding. That's why almost all Mass. riders ride either ME, or NH or both.

Old 05-03-2017, 12:28 PM
Trailblazer

The State of Massachusetts just doesn't get it.

They have no problem taxing ATV sales and requiring (by law) to register an ATV.
Part of that registration fee is to go to expansion of trails in the state. However, the amount of miles has consistently decreased over the years.

3, ever so tiny, places to ride legally in the state? I believe one of the locations limits the amount of "daily" permits for trail riding.

ATV and Dirt bike riders are treated as high level criminals.
Shove a needle with heroin in your arm and the state will bend over backwards offering support, treatment, whatever you want. They will foot the bill for you to be in a program and give you drugs like suboxin to give you that heroin type glow to get you through the day.

But, ride an ATV? The state spends millions to capture you, fine you, tow your quad, and charge hefty impound fees.

NH and Maine are becoming more and more ATV friendly. The trail system in both states continues to grow. The trails are well maintained by local clubs. The local communities and local law enforcement welcome out of state riders.

It is amazing to see how well it works in our neighboring states. Just too bad that Massachusetts can't figure this out.

Old 05-03-2017, 02:34 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Yep. I won't register in Mass. for all of the above.

Old 05-03-2017, 08:43 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
Yep. I won't register in Mass. for all of the above.
I register in ME and NH every year, along with a large number of friends.
Couple trips a year to each state to ride.
We happily spend boatloads of money for lodging and at local merchants.

Register an ATV in Mass? Yeah right! I don't see a benefit to doing such a thing.
With that said, just got back from a ride on my "new to me" quad.

Old 05-07-2017, 08:50 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Youth riders

Hello - I seen your post and wanted to see if we could ride around out there for a few hours with the kids? Thanks Christy - Finding a trail is not easy and my yard is good for a few but not looking to make the people living close upset.

Old 05-07-2017, 09:03 AM
Trailblazer

You take your chances riding anywhere other than the 3 small legal locations in Mass.

Massachusetts Environmental Police treat OHV riders worse than drug addicts or thieves.
Who would have ever thought that it would be legal to purchase, grow, and use marijuana but, illegal to ride an OHV?
It is sad but, that is the reality nowadays.

Old 05-07-2017, 11:15 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by beergut
I think troy & I are planning on hitting the trails next weekend.
Not sure if it's sat or sun yet. Which ever day looks better.

I'd like to check out your 850xp! Send me a PM and I'll give you my address.
id love to go riding up at your place message me your email so we can set something up

Quick Reply: Massachusetts trails