Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Help me !!! I cant find no where to ride!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 12:58 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me !!! I cant find no where to ride!!!

HI, I LIVE IN STATEN ISLAND, and my dad just bought me a new atv and so far all that i can do is just stand there and look at it, because i cant seem to be able to find any where to ride.
im looking for places in northern or central new jersey or in pennsylvania that is close to me . HELP.

Old 08-31-2009, 12:36 AM
Weekend Warrior

I just found this site a few days ago. Here's the Jersey area. New Jersey ATV Trails

Old 08-31-2009, 08:52 AM
Pro Rider

All a rip off in prices.. Go out to Reading anthractie coal company to the Pottsville office on 200 Mahontoga st Pottsville PA (spelt wrong) and get yourself a yearly pass for only $100. You can ride 7 days a week from sun up to sun down. Sure it is a haul for you from SI, takes me 1hr 40 min from Hunterdon county. You take RT 78 in NJ through PA to exit 29b (cabelas) get off onto RT 61. Then about 20 miles north of that is the riding area in St clair. But you can only get your permit M-F 8-4:30. There is a guy going around checking parked vehicles dash boards for the permit paper you get with your permit, and if there is no paper on the dash he said they will tow the vehicle. Paying $100 for an entire year is the best deal out there, and there is over 190,000 acres to ride. Alot of the trails go off of RAC's property, and seem endless. Just pay attention to the posted signs that say no tresspassing.

Old 08-31-2009, 04:29 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default thanks

hey, its a little bit too far but thanks anyway, i might check it out

Old 08-31-2009, 05:48 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by burningtheburton911
hey, its a little bit too far but thanks anyway, i might check it out
Well you gotta drive far if you really want to ride. St Clair PA, there is so many miles and miles of trails, you would get lost. You're looking at the equilivant of riding all of LI and SI combines at there almost. So imagine starting at NYC and riding all the way out to LI, there is so many many many miles of trails. And if you are into camping out, you could easily do it there, provided you are not camping on RAC property over night. There is also hotels and legal campsites nearby. If you talk to chinook at this forum, he could fill you in on the camping property he leases which adjoins to RAC. So he can camp out all weekend and ride all day and night if he wanted to. you can leave a trailer there, ect. Talk to him to fill you in on the details.

In NJ, it is illegal to ride any public land, you have to illegal ride here, or unless you have enough property or know someone. Those riding areas listed are mostly small areas to ride, if you are into areas small, then I guess it would work for you. You go out to RAC in PA, you got all sorts of terrain to ride, 600 ft plus coal hills with steep inclines, you also got places like Trevorton PA which is part of RAC's property (I haven't been there yet, but heard it's got lots of nice mud holes). I firgures SI would be about 1hr plus from me, so you would be looking at under 3 hours to get there which isnot that bad to ride 190,000 acres.

Old 09-01-2009, 11:31 AM
Weekend Warrior

hey, um.. is it required to have insurance at the place you told me about?? And is it a good idea to have insurance for riding at all or does not really matter??

Old 09-01-2009, 02:40 PM
Pro Rider

Oh yea, you need insurance and registration, forgot about that. Full coverage for the year through progressive is like $121 only.

Old 09-29-2009, 03:39 PM
Weekend Warrior
Talking

are you joking there are tons of places to ride on staten island, not legal but there are tons of places. I can't post them here because as soon as everyone finds out about them they block them off

email me lytkinedennis@aol.com