Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

trail ride from barstow to vegas?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 07:43 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trail ride from barstow to vegas?

I know yrs ago there were races going from some place in the desert to las vegas. does anyone know if we can ride it? is there a way to go to victor ville area to vegas by the dirt and be legal? ive been wanting to try something like this but dont know where or how to start thx robert

Old 01-14-2010, 03:59 PM
Range Rover

I live in Barstow, There are getting to be to many houses and private property closing down a direct route, not to mention Ft Irwin is along the way also. I think there would be to many areas that would just make it impossible to ride straight through from Victorville until you get past death Valley somewhere.

I ride Slash X and Lin Wood at least once every weekend where do you normally ride at?

Bottom line if there is a will there would be a way to do it but the ride would not be straight lined and it would not be easy....pack a gun you may need it.

Old 01-14-2010, 04:00 PM
Range Rover

The vegas race your talking about is this weekend

Old 01-18-2010, 05:06 AM
Range Rover

hi, i live the riverside area. i have ridden in barstow area too. i just want to go on a very long ride lol

Old 01-18-2010, 05:19 AM
Range Rover

i have rode in the barstow area and have been to slash x. i like the area,

Old 01-18-2010, 07:54 AM
Range Rover
Default Long ride

If your looking for a long ride I went on one yesterday,

Barstow MC put on a run yesterday we started in Barstow and drove out to the Monument site past Hinkley. 80+ miles round trip.

Old 01-18-2010, 10:55 AM
Range Rover

where is hinkley? oh is that where the hazardous waste movie erin b was make cool how do u go?? i didnt know you can ride that way i thought u had to stay on the e. side of i15?? do u go often? im off on tuesdays and wednesdays lol. if i have to ill route myself with my gps hehe. where do u park at?? i wanna ridddddddddddeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. thx

Old 01-19-2010, 03:13 PM
Range Rover

We downloaded the trailers and started in Barstow not far from the drive in theator on hwy 58. The trail runs out and over hwy 58 and then over old Irwin Road down the road past Owl canyon campground eventually over Hinkley Road past the Solar panel site and then eventually to the monument site. We carried spare fuel with us and I refueled at the monument before heading back. If it were me and your not carrying fuel or have someone who is carrying fuel I would start at Hinkley road and go out from there. The other quad running with me did not refuel at the monument and went to her reserve tank at Hinkley, she made it back to Barstow but I'm pretty sure she was just about out of fuel by the time we got back.

The ride is ok but not very technical as about 90% of the ride was on gravel roads or pole lines running in fourth gear all the way. the last small stretch to the monument got fun and more difficult driving through washes and a small wash out that was full of rocks.

If your looking for a ride down a dirt road this is the one for you if your looking for a tech ride that will push your limits more run the vehicle racing tracks at Slash X and save yourself the time and the expended fuel of driving to Hinkley.

I have the trail tracked on my GPS if i ever want to run it again but I don't think I will go back on that trail any time real soon.

Old 01-20-2010, 02:38 PM
Range Rover

sand hog that would be great thx. i like to ride either way hard tech stuff or on dirt roads. least on the dirty roads u can open it up and go faster lol. i have a utility guad so jumping it isnt what i want to do so much. its too heavy and my kill if it lands on me lol. ive gone up pretty steep things with it though and if i was to drive to that city i would fill up just because i can lol. anyways i hope to meet u some day. right now, im trying to save up for some tires and maybe a cvt belt. thx robert

Old 01-20-2010, 03:44 PM
Range Rover
Default trail ride

It would be no sweat for your UTV. Don't worry I'm not into the birm jumping myself not that my quad won't do it but I'm to old for that stuff besides that I have an 8 grand investment in my ride and its just not worth the risk of having a pile of trash that used to be my bike sitting on the floor of the garage while I'm recovering from some sort of great act of stupidity.

Quick Reply: trail ride from barstow to vegas?