Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Richmond Va and surronding counties

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-1999, 09:42 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought my 8 yr old and myself new quads. I live in New Kent county and I am looking for riding friends/property tracks to ride on. Tracks would be nice put heavy mud and water is great as well. Heck anywhere is fine.

Old 10-07-1999, 07:07 PM
JRM
Pro Rider

my friend just moved there for here in Oregon,, he found somewhere to sink his new 00' ford powerstroke,, let me call him
Joe

Old 10-08-1999, 06:00 PM
Range Rover

Hey, I live in the Richmond area (Goochland Co.) I just got my Atv running proper and I'm looking for some good areas to ride also. I know of one place near Surry Va. called Slades Off-Road Park. The entrance is right across the entrance to the Surry Nuclear Power plant. I don’t have a phone # but if I find one I'll let you know. There are some National parks in Virginia that still let you ride I think..... Go here to check them out:

http://www.atving.com/tmpl/ridearea/maride.cfm#va

If I find anything I’ll let you know.

Eric Zeh

[This message has been edited by Eric Zeh (edited 10-08-1999).]

Old 10-25-1999, 02:46 PM
Range Rover

I live in Strasburg which is in Shenandoah County and there are a few trails around. One is Tasker's Gap ATV trail which is in Edinburg. There are over 25 miles to ride on and there are lots of loops so you don't have to ride on the same trail and turn around at the end of it. There is some sort of trail system East of Harrisonburg(Rockingham County) about 10-15 miles and I thought it was called Slades but I'm not sure. I think it is under areas to ride in this website. There is also a 7 mile long trail open to all OHV like trucks and atv's right across from the Tasker's Gap parking lot that goes from Rt. 675 (Edinburg side) to Little Fort Campground (Woodstock side). If you have any questions feel free to E-mail me at venomous89@hotmail.com .

------------------
Jeremiah Lucas

1989 Yamaha Banshee

Old 10-25-1999, 08:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

VENOMOUS
It seems to me the riding is seasonal in some of those areas in my reading. Currently I have found some excellent power line riding with plenty of hills, mud and water. I am planning on buying the wife her own machine in November to keep her off mine and hopefully do a vacation in that area to do some serious riding. Thanks for the info.

------------------
Mark 1999 Polaris Sport 400