Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Ashland ATV Resort

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 10:19 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ashland ATV Resort

Me and a group of riders are traveling from PA to WV to stay at the Ashland atv resort and ride the hatfield/mccoy trail system. Has anyone ever stayed at this resort and rode these trails? If so, what is your opinion of both? This resort comes highly recommended online!

Old 02-07-2010, 02:29 PM
Range Rover

Outstanding place to ride. Bring your camera and enjoy. Check out their web site at trailsheaven.com

Old 02-08-2010, 07:00 AM
Weekend Warrior

By far the best place I have ever ridden. You will have a blast! Don't know anything about Ashland however.

Old 02-08-2010, 09:16 PM
Pro Rider

Our group from MD are heading down next month. I have not been there but have heard about the same everyone is saying. I have heard that at the top of the mountain you can jump over to the HM trails ( outlaw trails I think )

Old 02-08-2010, 11:28 PM
Range Rover

Na. Not outlaw trails. Just a trail that leads from the campground to the Rockhouse tunnel. As you go through the tunnel if you go one way you go to the Gilbert trailhead and if you go the other you go to the campground.

Old 02-09-2010, 09:23 AM
Pro Rider

thanks for the clearification voodoo. How many miles is it over to the Gilbert trailhead? Is there gas there? trying to figure if I should buy a six pack rank and small can for the sport quad.

Old 02-09-2010, 11:22 AM
Range Rover

Don't worry about the gas unless you plan on being gone sun-up till dark. Ashland is right by the Gilbert trailhead. The nearest gas station to the trailhead is about 1/2 mile down the road if that. The trip to Mann is about an hour or so if you use the direct route. Good places to get lunch in Mann. Gilbert also has a restaurant right across from the trailhead. Great fried chicken! Mann also has gas too. I would put a six pack rack on for a cooler so you can carry cold drinks on the trail. It's nice to be able to pull over at a scenic overlook and have a drink and take a break for a minute. Remember take your time and enjoy the sights. SOOOOO much to see. Bring a camera and share your pics here. I can't make it this year. Think me and the better-half are going to Black Mountain Park this year. Have Fun!

Old 02-09-2010, 07:30 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the info! I cannot wait to get down there and do some scenic riding.

Old 02-10-2010, 07:35 PM
Range Rover

Dude I'm so sorry. I got Ashland and Twin Hollow mixed up. Twin Hollow is right on Rockhouse. Ashland is connected to Indian Ridge. My mistake. Yes you can ride the outlaw trails from Indian Ridge to Pinnacle Creek. Here's a link to some info on the outlaw trails www.wvatvriding.com . They say that you should get a GPS or a guide if your not familiar with the outlaw trails. Hell I went right by the connector to the Pinnacle Creek trail system and didn't even notice it. Between those trails you should never have to trailer you bikes to any other trailheads. Should keep you happy for your entire trip. Sorry again if I caused you any confusion. Have fun and be safe.

Old 03-05-2010, 08:39 AM
Weekend Warrior

Has anyone ever stayed at Pinnacle Creek ATV Campground.We also thought of taking a trip down there.

Quick Reply: Ashland ATV Resort