Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Tennessee Fall Ride

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-1999, 11:11 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Windrock ATV Club is having its Fall Ride October 16th and 17th. We will be riding from Oliver Springs to Caryville where we will spend the night. We will return the next day. This ride will cover a total of almost 130 miles during these 2 days.

I'm trying to find out which of "personalities" from the forums will be attending. So, who is coming and what group will you be riding in?

I can't wait to meet everyone so we can swap tall-tales and argue the virtues of different ATVs in person.

'Til then,

------------------
Kevin Staton
Y2K Polaris Magnum 325 4x4
<a href="www.korrnet.org/watvclub">Windrock ATV Club</a>

Old 10-08-1999, 11:43 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hi Kevin,
Several of our group from Crossville are registered for the ride. (8 of us) We are really excited about it. We usually ride in on the Catoosa Wildlife Management area (the state) or up on Hinch mountain. We are looking forward to seeing some new sites & meeting you all. It really sounds like you all have a lot of fun.
We will be riding in the intermediate group.
Be seeing you soon!
Pat

Old 10-24-1999, 12:56 PM
ts
Trailblazer

What a ride!! We made the 300mi trip from Paducah KY. It was an awsome ride. We will definately be back next year. The trails were perfect and the Windrock ATV club members were extremely friendly and put on an excellent ride. Can't wait until next year.

Old 10-24-1999, 04:13 PM
Weekend Warrior

this is just a complete on the side question...
does anyone ever run with two people on an atv, or does that generally not happen on these rides? (i've never done one of these big, long, 'organized' ones.)

Old 10-25-1999, 09:12 AM
Range Rover

TheBoy,

We don't have many rules about personal responsibility issues. We don't require you to do anything unless affects others.

If you want to double, do it. If you want to ride without a helmet, do it. If you want to ride naked, ride somewhere else!!!

Seriously, some of the larger rides have to conform to state and Federal Regulations because of the land they ride on and this is why they have so many rules.

We'll have our Spring Ride in the, you guessed it, Spring. It usually runs the first weekend of May but don't hold me to that. As more information becomes available we'll update our web site.

Thanks to everyone for making this a most enjoyable ride. I don't have the official numbers, but the last I heard was that over 250 ATVs made the trip. If anyone has suggestions for ways we can improve the ride, please let me know.

Thanks again, and keep 'em rubber side down,

------------------
Kevin Staton

Old 10-25-1999, 07:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

I was just wondering if any of you are going to make the Loretta Lynns ride put on by VSTA? I heard last year that the Windrock ATV club had a ride on the same weekend but they made sure not to do that this year.

Stock93

Old 11-04-1999, 10:15 AM
Weekend Warrior

Here's another off topic question.

There is a chance I may be moving to Tennessee, if my wife has her way, so I'm interested in knowing about any atv riding areas in Sevier or Knox Counties. Are there any public trails?

Thanks!

Steve

------------------

Old 11-04-1999, 10:25 AM
Range Rover

Steve,

I live in Northwest Knox county and ride with the Windrock ATV Club. I don't know of any public trails in either Knox or Sevier counties. I have an Aunt that lives on English Mountain in Sevier county and she sees ATVs going up the mountain in front of her house quite often. The mountain is all privately owned so these folks are riding on someone elses property.

If you move to East Tennessee drop me a line and I'll get you to one of our club meetings and out on one of our rides. We are by far the larget ATV club in East Tennessee with over 200 members and we work hard to keep riding areas open.

If you need any more information on the area, just email me and I'll tell you what I know.

------------------
Kevin Staton

Old 11-05-1999, 01:20 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks Kevin, I really appreciate it.

Steve

------------------
Steve <A HREF="http://www.newwave.net/~sgmcneil/Quadrunner500.html">McNeil's Suzuki Quadrunner 500 Page</A>