Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Riding in So. Middle Tennessee

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-1999, 04:52 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was wondering if anyone on here knew of some places to ride around Giles or Lawrence counties? I have a Honda 250R and was wanting to find some good places to ride close to home.
Thanks
Kerry

Old 10-22-1999, 08:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

Kerry,
I'm in madison county in north alabama. You might try looking up vsta. There a riding club in tennessee. By any chance are you going to VSTA's Loretta Lynns trail ride?

Stock93

Old 10-26-1999, 05:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

Stock93 I found the website you mentioned and will be joining. I have just bought my 250R and am going to make some trails of my own to get back up to speed on riding. It has been 6 years since I last had a 250R, or any ATV, and I did not live in Tennessee then. That is why I need to find some places to ride. I used to ride at Chigger Ridge in Cullman but that is too far to go now. If you want to hook up sometime and ride a little email me at bmoody@usit.net.

Old 10-26-1999, 06:46 PM
Range Rover

Kerry,

You should check out the ride at Loretta Lynn's this weekend. It's not too far from you, just a little west of Nashville. It's not open to the general public, and rarely open to Clubs, so this will be a great opportunity to check it out.

If you join VSTA, you will get a Tennessee Trail Guide that will list all of the riding in Tennessee. VSTA also helps make sure that we have places to ride in Tennessee, so they can use all the support they can get since they are working for our right to enjoy our sport.

Check out the thread here in the "Where to Ride" forum. If you ever want to do some riding over here in East Tennessee, drop me a line.

------------------
Kevin Staton
Y2K Polaris Magnum 325 4x4
<a href="www.korrnet.org/watvclub">Windrock ATV Club</a>

Old 10-27-1999, 12:59 AM
Weekend Warrior

Sure id like to hook up and ride sometime. Ill be at Loretta Lynns if youd like to try to meet there. Ive never even seen a 250r in real life. I want to get one when i get some more money. Ill have to live with the blaster for now.

Stock93
John
'93 blaster..no longer stock

Old 11-05-1999, 07:31 PM
Weekend Warrior

Kerry,
I was wondering if you had a friend on a dirtbike with you. Did he wreck and shove the pipe up into the tank?

Stock93

Old 11-08-1999, 01:39 PM
Weekend Warrior

Stock93 I did not make it to Loretta Lynns if that is what you are refering to. I had some things I had already promised my wife I would do that weekend.
I am trying to get her interested in riding. I made some trails in the woods this weekend and took her on them and rode around the field a little bit. She did not like the woods very well (especially after I told her about moving a snake out of the way) but she liked riding in the fields. I am thinking about trying to find her a cheap ATV and let her try it out for a while. Do you know of anyone with a cheap ATV for sale?

Old 11-08-1999, 11:28 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yeah i was refering to Loretta Lynns. Sorry about that post i was really tired. I know theres a blaster in nashville for $600. I really dont know what condition its in. I have to fix up the blaster before i go riding again. I had a little trouble with the rivets in the counter balancer gear comming out and floting around the case.

Stock93

Old 11-10-1999, 03:39 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thought you might want to know of a place closer to you to ride. I ride in Perry County near the Tennessee River. Several of my buddies from west Tennessee say these trails are the best they have ever ridden, even better than those at Natchez Trace. The trails have steep hills, mud, and a chert pit close by. You can ride all day and not ride the same trail twice. I live in Lobelville which is in Perry County.

Old 11-10-1999, 10:23 PM
Weekend Warrior

Just a side note..Kerry, Chigger ridge has been closed. A hunting club bought it and is now closing down all rec riding.

Quick Reply: Riding in So. Middle Tennessee