Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Natchez Trace TN

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2001, 09:42 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know the status of the trails at Natchez Trace State Park/Forest, I-40, East Of Jackson TN? I rode there a few years ago and loved it. I've read some old posts and there seems to be a question if in fact it's still open for riding.
Thanks.

Old 03-02-2001, 11:06 PM
Pro Rider

if im not mistaken TN. banned riding in all their state parks.but i did here a rumor that the TRACE was shut down to atvs but not for sure.

Old 03-05-2001, 10:32 PM
Trailblazer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I live less than 50 miles from the park and miss it as well. I called there last week, because I also heard a rumor that it was open again, but was disappointed to hear otherwise. There are some trails open to atv's, but they are all gravel. All the great trails through the woods are closed to atv's, but open to the stinking horses! We need somewhere to ride really bad now days. Seems like everywhere we go, its not long until they close it down.

Old 03-06-2001, 09:06 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks Chop and Chevelle for the replies.
I'm really disappointed that they've closed those great trails. Did they do the same at Chickasaw in Jackson?
I ride occasionally in the Allegheny Nat'l forest here in PA and I've heard talk that they're considering banning them here as well. This sucks! I for one will be looking to find out where this type of decision is made and write some letters. If anyone knows where to direct our displeasure, in TN, PA, and a national level, let me know. We all need to get together and let them know our feelings.
All they're doing is forcing us to ride illegally somewhere, and that’s going to give us ATVer's a worse reputation.

Old 03-07-2001, 08:51 PM
Trailblazer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The largest atv club in TN can direct your concerns or tell you where to send them. Check them out at:

http://www.vstarider.com/Pages/Home.html

Old 03-08-2001, 07:58 AM
Weekend Warrior

Chevelle
i too live in Tn. (Memphis area.)Every thing around here is closed also but me and friends have found the perfect place not far from you. PottsCamp, Miss. riding in the holly Springs National Forest area. It is super, there are miles and miles of what ever you want to ride on.
Just go to Flicks truck stop on Hwy. 78 in Pottscamp and ask for directions. They also have the best food in the country and are very good people. There are several places to start off at and if you are there around 8ish on the week ends you can meet up with a number of others that will tell you more imfo.You can ride all day and never see it all. On a normal week end there will be any where from 20 to 100 atv in the woods and will hardly ever see any one twice. If you need more info you can e-mail me at Booggerbe@aol.com

Scrampaw 2001 4x4 Scrambler
HPD and all the trick Parts