Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Texas

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-1999, 04:53 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry.
i was happy clicking

[This message has been edited by TO_Y28 (edited 12-09-1999).]

Old 12-08-1999, 03:58 PM
Range Rover

Tony- We have a small group going to Red River on Saturday 12/11/99. Anyone else that would like to meet, email me or post message here. Txwarrior- If your out there, did you get a new ride?

Old 12-11-1999, 02:38 PM
Trailblazer

Looks like a good weekend for mud.........

Not a good weekend for camping though..

If some one sees this that attends the get together, let me know how it went.

Old 12-12-1999, 06:02 PM
Pro Rider

Y28 i just got home from the mudrun. Pretty fun and it rained a good part of the day yesterday makin it nice and slick. Got stuck once in a creek, climbed a hill in dark and 4 wheeler died at top and came flyin down the hill backwards at dark(my brakes dont work) but i only hit a small tree and nothin got hurt.
Mudmachine i think i saw you there. If it was you not sure. Did you have a big red cooler on your back rack and were riden with a man and woman on a bigbear?????????

Old 12-12-1999, 06:09 PM
Pro Rider

BigBear,
Yeah, that was me.... we rode for awhile, but everybody started complaining about being cold and wet.. So, we ended up leaving.. I was gonna come back out there today, but the g/f had other plans...
We oughta all get together next weekend and ride the river bottoms out between Kilgore and Longview off of I-20.. With all the rain this morning, it oughta be soupy next weekend..

Old 12-12-1999, 06:55 PM
Pro Rider

Mudmachine ide like to but not sure if i can.
Gotta order a new float needle for my carb and im not sure when itll come in. Also im not sure if i gotta work or not. If i can make it ill let ya know. Also let me know if yall are gonna for sure make it.

When you crossed a little creek on the way to the river and helped that woman walk across a log while you stood in the mud I heard you say you needed new tires. Heck you got 27inch Blackwater X/T's(i think). Why u want new ones????????

[This message has been edited by BIGBEAR4x4 (edited 12-12-1999).]

Old 12-12-1999, 07:53 PM
Pro Rider

Oh man,
Those Blackwater XT's aren't worth having.. I love the ground clearance and the chrome and black wheels.. but the tires are junk for what I like to do...
Even my brother was saying that when we got onto the open trails, they wouldn't clean out.. I sped up to almost 30 mph. and they wouldn't throw clean.. My Bear Claws on my Scrambler at 5 mph are throwing chunks everywhere.... They came with the machine, so I'll keep them until I run across a good deal on something better...
They are GREAT trail tires.. but in the mud.. FORGET IT!!!....
Maybe I can sell them to somebody and recover some of the cost....
You were there at the creek crossing?.. I had just gotten winched out for the second time in 20 minutes.. so I was probably pissed off...
I'm gonna see how many of my friend can get together this coming weekend out at the river (Larry's place, where its free).. If We can get enough to go, we will....

Old 12-12-1999, 08:07 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah i was down by tha creek. We were just down there takin a break. When i crossed it my back wheels came out from the bank and i thought i was goin over but luckily i didnt.
I dont have breaks and i hit pretty fast. Later that night that spot got real bad rutted and was tough to cross.

Old 12-14-1999, 05:39 PM
Pro Rider

Mudmachine....i cant make it to larrys place this weekend.....gotta work...also be careful that u dont park out on that service road if you go....i heard that the cops have had peoples trucks towed left and right because of that

Old 12-14-1999, 10:59 PM
Pro Rider

BigBear,
Yeah, i was out there one weekend when the DPS hooked onto a NICE late model Dodge 4X4 Dually and started screaming out over a loudspeaker that they were about to be towed...
We always turn into Larry's land (on the left) and park in that power-line right-of-way. You can also park up by Larry's house...(the brown trailer) He doesn't mind..
They've really been cracking down on people riding along/in the road... I saw three fools on Honda 300 Ex's riding wheelies out on that access road... two of them collided.. they laughed about it,, got back on, and started riding wheelies again... Just about that time, a Gregg County Sherrif's Deputy came down the road.. Pulled all three over, issued tickets for riding in the roadway, for parking in a no parking area, and for damaging public plants and trees..(They had parked on what little grass is still on the right hand side of that access road..)

Quick Reply: Texas