Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Hillsville PA pictures

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2001, 11:16 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I posted up about 80 pictures of hillsville riding area @ www.beyondspecs.com/ATV/hillsville.htm. These pictures were taken just two weeks ago. I dont have any organization to them yet, but soon I will do some work to this page like the different riding areas there and news about the area.

BTW...this is not a 'legal' place to ride but there are many people that do ride there, but I have heard of people getting kicked out on a rare occassion. I am there every weekend and haven't seen on authorities/owners doing anything.

Chris

Old 03-08-2001, 09:21 PM
Trailblazer

yo those hills are small.
are there any BIG ones ???
we have ones that are like 250 feet staright up with a 10 foot runner here.

Old 03-08-2001, 09:55 PM
Range Rover

Yah most of those hills do look alittle small, Up here we have some hills that are huge!

Old 03-08-2001, 10:02 PM
Pro Rider

Most of them pictures are on hills that we were just playing around on. But then there are the hills that are pretty huge, the super bowl. I find it hard to believe anyone is climbing hills a lot that are steeper/bigger than those because the 400ex are bogging like crazy getting to the top. Unless you guys are riding Quadzillas with 6ft swingarms,,i doubt your climbing hills much bigger than some out of the superbowl.

Old 03-09-2001, 10:21 AM
Pro Rider

That plays looks like a very cool place to ride! We have this one hill near my town that you have to be registered by AMA to even try it. It is VERY STEEP and VERY LONG. Palm Sweaty Steep

Old 03-09-2001, 12:04 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah i heard about that hill. They said you better have some serious power to try it, plus have your AMA license. And that its almost as hard to get down as it is to get up. Sounds like something that would be fun watching people try to make, but i doubt I would go at it.

Old 03-09-2001, 01:10 PM
Trailblazer

theres pics of the Bowl on there heh. I have to say, no matter what people are going to think these hills are small,because pictures tend to do that. i have a few pics of Hillsville, and they didnt turn out like i wanted. "makes hills look small" THESE HILLS ARE NOT SMALL"!

Old 03-09-2001, 01:48 PM
Trailblazer

I was wondering if you could give me some directions to hillsville. I know it's close to 224, I just need to know what to take from there. Thanks.

Old 03-09-2001, 02:50 PM
Pro Rider

Now I dont know the name/number of the roads after 224, but I can tell you how to get there.

The way we go is 680 to the 224 exit and head towards poland. Go through poland. Now I think 224 turns off somewhere in town, but once you get on 224 (like around the 680 exit) just stay going STRAIGHT. So actually you will be on another road because 224 slightly turns off i think.

You will go awhile and pass a Marathon on the left and a burger king after that. Keep going straight till you see a Motocross shop as your going on a slight hill, it will be on the right hand side. Be ready to slow down after that shop because the road is the next right after it.

Turn right down that road and you will come up to a curve in the road in about 1000ft. Dont curve with the road, but instead keep going straight. You will see a dirt road with a building to the right. This is the entrance. Signs will be posted saying 'No Tresspassing'. Just keep going and follow the dirtroad and park whereever you want.

This might be confusing, but this place is worth trying to find it, its actually easy to find though. We are going up there Sunday if you would want to meet us on 224 and follow us in.

Old 03-09-2001, 06:02 PM
Trailblazer

THANKS FOR THE DIRECTIONS, WERE PLANNING ON GOING SATURDAY, WON'T BE ABLE TO MAKE IT ON SUNDAY. I'M MAKE SURE I LEAVE A POST ON THIS FORUM THE NEXT TIME WE GO THOUGH.

Quick Reply: Hillsville PA pictures