Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

places to ride in n.e.pa.

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-1999, 09:23 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

whats going on around here conrail is patroling the steamtown tracks,handing out fines.live ammunition on the tracks in carbondale,cant ride there.guy on a quad gets shot in archbald,no trespassing signs everywhere,ive been rideing this valley for 15 years and have never seen it like this. is there any place to ride without getting hasseled?

Old 12-29-1999, 04:28 AM
Range Rover

wow!!! get out of here!! i live in olyphant. when did this all take place? you got me all fired up within a matter of seconds here. i ride every weekend, and i have been riding this week alot because i am off for the holiday. i take the tracks from olyphant to mayfield just about every time i ride beacuse i have friends there i ride with. i really need to get some details on this, i don't want to be shot over trying to get out and have some fun and enjoy myself. personally i have never (knock on wood) run into anyone within the past month. and before that i had an lt250r over the summer and never came across anyone, or the cops while riding the tracks. the tracks are the main access to all areas around here. i know back ways to mayfeild and do ride them sometimes when i want to take the long way. i will tell you one thing, i amke sure i am courteous when riding near houses or roads. i know alot of guys fly around and cause trouble. i have even seen the cops a time or two while on the road, but i stay to the side, and go slow and stopp for the signs. and usually they won't bother you if they are a decent cop. as far as no tresspassing signs, i haven't seen any. and that was my plan for a cover if i did get caught at any time. now i do see one down here in olyphant by the entrance to the tracks, but from what i hear they put that up because people were dumping garbage back there. haha, i enter right after that sign from the road to my house. anyhow, other then that, i haven't seen any, epecially towards carbondale. we rider all over, they are alot of area still to ride. we ride all over the mountain by elesworth, and jessup mountain, up by moosic lake, etc. we were even up on the mountain behind elesworth and they are doing work up there but the guy that was driving the euclid told us "go ahead.." they didn't harrasse us for riding up there either. i tell you one thing, i do notice alot more developement around here. i sucks! the wooded area is getting smaller and smaller. i am going to enjoy riding while i can. we also ride the coal dumps alot in mayfield. where do you live? what do you ride? maybe you could get out riding with us sometime.

bigdevil/'99 scrambler 400

Old 12-29-1999, 05:12 PM
Range Rover

i live in scranton but i grew up in archbald.we leave from a friends bodyshop in archbald and most of the time go to moosic lake across 247 and towards twin dams.sometimes we will cross 435 into dunmore and head out to moscow been doing this for years,about a month ago we were stopped on the way to the elmhurst by conrail police at gun point and given $200.00 fines.now im 39 my quad is quiet i dont race around i try not to bother anyone and i would have stopped for conrail without the gun being pointed at me,but barney fife is alive and well.that ammo on the tracks in carbondale is recent maybe they wont bother anyone but why take a chance.that guy that got shot was on the coal company land behind elesworth,that was only about 6 weeks ago a lady shot him in the arm with a shotgun,this area is getting smaller and smaller.if you ride around the jessup moutain and the 3 dams you probably allready met me.we go on sat.and we look like we are going camping for a week with all the stuff we take.