Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Trail ride in PA!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2000, 04:17 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ryan, i would go ride up there but i doubt there is any direct way to get up there from olyphant, or even jermyn or mayfield where i do ride alot, on the coal dumps. unfortunately i don't have a trailer yet. but i think i will be looking into getting one in the spring so i can go riding in many areas. i get sick of the same trails all the time and want to do some long rides this summer. i would like to get up by montage as well, i know there are some trails up there. also my buddies ride the snow mobile trails somestimes. a few weeks ago we went all the way up past stillwater dam, but it got real cold and we headed back. well, i'll get out riding with a few of you guys as soon as i get a trailer. anybody know of anyone selling a cheap trailer. i would like to find a small one for under $200, even if it needs alittle work. nothing fancy, as long as it hauls the quad.

bigdevil/ '99 scrambler 400

Old 01-09-2000, 01:58 PM
Pro Rider

big devil,
You can get there from Olyphant,Right after the still water dam, Then after the freash water intake. Their is a river crossing on your right coming from forrest city. It's hard to see but it's their. Then after you cross the river folow the "Intake" driveway up to the road, Cross the road and rejoin the O+w rail system trail. This will take you all the way past ELK. The only trail disruption is a golf corse.Ride the sholder for about a mile then cut back in to the trail to the right.

It can be done! And theirs gas stops to refuel and places to eat on the way.

The trail ends at the NY border (bridge out) But Goes farther into NY.After you cross alturnative bridge.

Old 01-10-2000, 12:33 AM
Trailblazer

Hey, Made through another great weekend of riding! No injuries! No damage to the quads!
Met some great riders!
Even though there wasn't much snow on the ground, Two beutiful days of ice covered hard packed ground. No new trails.
Ok I admit! One downfall! My Girlfriend has now claimed my Banshee!! I was stuck with the wolverine! Has the world come to an end!!???
No, just means I gotta get another Banshee!!
To the people that I met, I Had a Blast!
And, I have new Respect for the QuadZILLa!
Have to do again! Maybe here, maybe new location!
Thanks!

Old 01-10-2000, 04:28 PM
Trailblazer

trx430ex,
where are you from? anywhere near the elk mountain area??
Ryan

Old 01-12-2000, 02:09 PM
Trailblazer

Such a Bold statement extreme!! LOL
jan 23rd ??? I will do my best to make it, and round up a few other riders!
I will let ya know for sure as the date gets closer!

Old 01-13-2000, 05:06 PM
Pro Rider

Where are you guys riding on the 23rd. Me amd a friend might be interested in ridingwith a group !! Let me now where, and what i need !! I have not done much winter riding far from home. Want to make sure i have some stuff incase of a break down !! We both ride 300ex's (95 - 97)
Email or reply !!!

------------------
Exer_95....Jason....95' Honda 300ex

Old 01-13-2000, 07:24 PM
Pro Rider

Marienville snow ride...Jan 23rd...be there![/size]
We are coming up early Sun. morning to ride all day long or till we can't feel the nerve endings any longer! Parking at the PigsEar trailhead a few miles north of the Marienville trailhead parking lot (halfway point between the marienville trail and the timberline trail).

------------------
Steve Small, '00 400ex
'00 Trail Boss for the wife.
Impuls90 for the boys.
<a href="mailto:extreme400ex@home.com">EXtreme E-mail</a>

Old 01-14-2000, 12:03 AM
Trailblazer

trx430ex, Where about's in PA are you talking? I am from NY up by Buffalo. Not much riding up here as I am sure you know.

But I was curious is Elk mountain in Elk county PA? I have been to Elk county alot for work related reasons. Also where abouts is the trail that meets at the border (bridges are out)? I am always looking for places to ride, but like I said not much here in Western NY.

Well hope to here from Ya

rjmlakota - 99 King Quad -

Old 01-14-2000, 12:15 PM
Pro Rider

rjmlakota- I'll have to get my maps and get back to you.And check your maps for the D+H rail trail. Where it crosses into Pa. Their is another bridge, But I was wondering how much farther into NY does it go?

bid300EX From Lansdale, But we base camp out of "Spruce Lake". About ten minutes from Elk,. We pick up the O+W one mile from Spruce Lake, Head south and cross right after the water intake (Go down water intake driveway cut left, Folow trail across"check For depth of water" about a foot and a half) After "Still Water Dam". Where it joins the D+H trail system. And head south towards "Forrest City" then to "Carbondale".

Heading North on the O+W or the D+H will eventually take you to NY, But you need to find the gas stops if your going to go that far.

Old 01-14-2000, 04:07 PM
Pro Rider

Can't really see myself making it out to Marienville. Would love to in the Spring though.
Elk Mt is in Susquahanna Or Wayne County. NE part of PA. Never knew there were trails there !!
This is great info on this post for PA riders. We have a cabin very close to the intersection of the D+H Rail to Trails and O+W Trails. Actually the D+H trails border our property. I think it is a pretty long ride to the Carbondale area though !! Anyone now about how long ?? I now i am about 30 min from Elk MT by car. Quad i have no clue!! It would be great to meet up with some of you this spring !! Looking forward to the weather change.
Where can i get a MAP of the D+H and O+W trails systems !!! Am very interested in the trails. As you can see, very accessable from our cabin. By the way, our cabin is in Thompson, PA. Look it up !!

See yea around !!!

------------------
Exer_95....Jason....95' Honda 300ex

Quick Reply: Trail ride in PA!