Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Anyone from the Detroit-Auburn Hills, MI area

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2000, 08:36 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how do we get there?

Kurt from Frankenmuth area 500SP

Old 04-16-2000, 09:21 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kurt,from Frankenmuth,you'd want to go to Dort Hwy,than go south till you get to Mt Morris rd,go left[east] on Mt Morris rd till you get to Genesee rd.The Mounds is about 2 miles past Genesse rd [on Mt Morris rd] on the left side of the road.

It is really useless to go this time of the year,as only 7 acres out of 200 acres are open until next month,when all 200 acres open on 5-15.====BILL

Old 04-16-2000, 11:25 PM
Trailblazer

hey Bill...

Where do you ride? I've been to gladwin few times its on rt 61 exit 190 on I75, trails are not too bad, some mud on the northern loop which shares part of the truck trail, was there sat, nice day!!
I visited the mounds last year once and was very dissapointed in havig to pay, the orv sticker was 16.25 how much more do they want? not that $7 is a lot, I guess it goes to the guys there that check your noise level so the mounds can stay open. Heard there is lotsa places in westbranch to ride?

Old 04-17-2000, 04:12 PM
Pro Rider

It may be a bit of a drive from Auburn Hills but you may like to try the trails around Baldwin. I just started riding quads last summer so I don't know all the trails yet, in fact I have only used Tin Cup Springs, Little O and Cedar Creek. Of these I like Tin Cup Springs the best; it's nice and wide and plenty long for me (20+ miles). there are several other trails in the Baldwin area- one is about 45 miles long. There are camp grounds right off the trails.

Don't bother with Cedar Creek, it's too narrow and treacherous unless you have a utility ATV or trail bike.

Silver Lake is great fun too. A lot of people stay over the weekend at the state camp ground close by. If you go there in the summer make sure you get in line early; otherwise you could be in line for a long time.

Old 04-19-2000, 10:18 PM
Pro Rider

Toyman,I to was at Gladwin last Saturday.My friend Chuck and I road the north loop,it was a total blast.I really like the wide trails that were on the north loop of Gladwin.I think im going to go back the Saturday after this Easter to Gladwin,it only takes me about 1 and a half hrs to get there from my house.Can you make it to?I have been to Baldwin,it was alot of fun.I been to Evart,Leota,Tin cup,Little O, Big O,and the Mounds.You need to tell the Guys at the Mounds that you are a local resident,it will only cost you 4 dollars to ride.They NEVER check.I buy the yearly sticker to the Mounds because I only live 7 miles from there and I ride it often,it is 30 dollars for a yearly sticker.Let me know if you can make next Saturday wk end in Gladwin.There should be about 4 or 5 of us,Later===BILL

Old 04-19-2000, 11:43 PM
Trailblazer

I wanted to hit the north loop, but my dad was riding with me and he was a bit tired after the south...it was a bit up n down!! I started 13 days straight of work startin mon, will be back in town sat afternoon, probably won't make it to gladwin though. maybe next time, thanks for the tip for the mounds!!

Old 04-20-2000, 09:48 PM
Pro Rider

Toyman,the south loop sucks.The north loop has TONS of riding width.Im betting your dad will like that side ALOT more.===BILL

Old 04-25-2000, 11:41 PM
Trailblazer

Bill,

If there's no rain I'm riding the north loop after noon on sat. Maybe I'll see ya, look for a honda and a polaris with a diamond plate aluminum tool box on the back (can't miss it). We'll be playing in the mud holes

Old 04-26-2000, 10:51 PM
Pro Rider

Toyman,im going to be looking forward to seeing you guys this Saturday.The weather is suppose to be good.My Xplorer is easily found also.It will be equipped with real agressive Mudrunners all the way around.Im probably going to be bringing along my rear rack Box to,it is all black in color.I also have a 5 gallon fuel holder that attaches to my rear rack.I should be there around 11 in the morning.Im going to run the North loop.Keep in touch with me so maybe we can get there around the same time.Do you have a CB radio in your truck?===Bill

Old 04-27-2000, 11:31 PM
Trailblazer

thats a big 10 - 4

I should also be there bout 11, look forward to seeing ya. I got a silver S10, maybe a trailer or I'll also have a green ford ranger behind me..

just yell for the toyman

tim

Quick Reply: Anyone from the Detroit-Auburn Hills, MI area