Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Jericho Mtn NH

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 10:20 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jericho Mtn NH

Does anyone know when in the year Jericho Mtn in New Hampshire opens for ATVs or is it only closed pending on the amount of snow? I was looking to head up the first weekend of May.
I checked the NH and there really isnt a mention of times it will be closed.

Old 02-02-2012, 10:51 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

They typically close the same as most of the trail systems in NH do. March 1st-May 23rd or so. When they open in spring you can ride into town for food and gas until wintertime when snow accumulates at all on the streets. I've done the ride into town a few times. It's much better marked than it used to be. You ride right on the streets, not the side or breakdown lane. They are also working on a trail to get from Gorham over to Jericho and Success.

Old 02-02-2012, 10:56 AM
Pro Rider

Hmmm....i am looking at the first weekend in May, maybe i will be lucky and they will be open then. I know LMFT is open still, not much snow here..yet, but i have no idea what they have up north. I am going with a group and some dont own ATV's so they would be renting from Jericho Mtn powersports, do you know how they are to work with?

thanks for the info.

Old 02-02-2012, 01:27 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by 1eep
Hmmm....i am looking at the first weekend in May, maybe i will be lucky and they will be open then. I know LMFT is open still, not much snow here..yet, but i have no idea what they have up north. I am going with a group and some dont own ATV's so they would be renting from Jericho Mtn powersports, do you know how they are to work with?

thanks for the info.
They will not be open the first week of May. The May 23 date is pretty firm. These trails are on public land, so the powers that be will NOT open them early. you may try going a little farther north to North Stratford. Their trails are all on private land and can be opened at the club's discretion. we went last year, and they were open the weekend before the Berlin trails.

As for renting: a guy from our group did rent from there and I guess he had no problem. But I will say, the machine he rented was beat. They really do not spend a lot of time maintaining their machines. This thing even had 4 different types of tires. One for each wheel! And many plugs in each.

Bgirard also rented from them (I think) maybe he can give you some details.

The trails in North Stratford are really nice, and worth the trip. I look forward to riding Berlin this year, but not before MAy 23.....

Old 02-02-2012, 01:40 PM
Pro Rider

LMFT is open still, not much snow here...
LMFT is open because there is no snow and the ground is frozen. They will close to ATVs as soon as there is more snow OR the ground thaws. They will then be closed until May 23 (they can possibly open earlier, like North Stratford, they are on private property. But, LMFT will definitely close for mud season)

Old 02-02-2012, 02:59 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

thanks for the info.
Don't know how they are to work with but they're right across the road from Jericho and there are new trails behind it on the Jericho Motor Sports side. Nice views in winter as long as it isn't snowing too hard. Last I heard there was about 8" of snow but that was a couple weeks ago. First weekend in May is usually a no-go unless the end of winter into early spring is extremely dry.

Old 02-02-2012, 05:17 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the info guys, I was planning this as a bachelor weekend for my brother inlaw, unfortunately he is getting married may 26. So I have started looking into something else, I have a condo that I rented through a friend in bretton woods. So I would an activity in that area.
Knowing that lmft also closes is good to know.

Old 03-21-2012, 11:44 AM
Pro Rider

Have any of you guys gone up there in the summer- fall and camped? Can you reccomend a campground that would be within riding distance to a trail or does that not exsist yet?
My next plan is to do a long weekend camp trip and ride the trails, it would be great to ride right from the campground.

Old 03-21-2012, 04:25 PM
Pro Rider

Currently there are no campgrounds that you can ride to the trails in Berlin. I hear they are working on one, but won't be there any time soon.

Last year we went a little farther north to Stratford (about a half hour north of Berlin) and they have several camp/stay ride options. The trail goes directly through this campground (and their cabins look really nice!)
Connolly Cabins & Campground

Also, check with them, as these trails would open earlier than Berlin and you may be able to stay and ride earlier in May than most places.

Old 03-22-2012, 06:46 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the info wilson, im heading up to north conway this weekend staying at a freinds condo, so i was planning to take a ride north and check it all out.
Ever stay at Big rock campground?

Quick Reply: Jericho Mtn NH