Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Little Monadnock Family Trails

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 07:33 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Little Monadnock Family Trails

I been looking for places to ride out of MA and I've come across this place a few times. It appears it is privately owned from what I found. But a few things I've found are very vague.

When I was on the website, it mentions something about a fee. Is the fee for access to the website or to be able to ride on the property?

Since it appears to be private property, do we still need to register the atvs in NH?

I've read several things on parking. Where exactly do we park and how big is the parking area? I keep reading about limited parking.....

My final question is, how is the riding? Is it technical, rocky, cruising, etc.....

Thanks, Mike.

Old 06-15-2012, 09:08 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Mikestr427BB
I been looking for places to ride out of MA and I've come across this place a few times. It appears it is privately owned from what I found. But a few things I've found are very vague.

When I was on the website, it mentions something about a fee. Is the fee for access to the website or to be able to ride on the property?

Since it appears to be private property, do we still need to register the atvs in NH?

I've read several things on parking. Where exactly do we park and how big is the parking area? I keep reading about limited parking.....

My final question is, how is the riding? Is it technical, rocky, cruising, etc.....

Thanks, Mike.
On their website, the fee mentioned is for club membership and website support.

If you go there, you may see a sign charging for parking. This is not by the club, this is a private landowner that runs the MX track. You can either pay it, or find room in the official parking area for free. The free spot usually holds about 6 trailers, so it fills up early. There is no fee to ride there.

You do need to be registered in NH to ride here. It would be even better if you paid the $25 club membership, too. Since they keep the trails open.

The trails have a little bit of everything. There's a bunch of long dirt roads to cruise, as well as rock climbs and tight technical trails. There's at least 80 miles of official trails in there.

Search this forum for another LMFT thread that has 100+ pages of more information.

Old 06-15-2012, 11:15 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the reply.

I was looking at the reg fees for non-residents. It says $86 for initial registration and it's for 14 Months and than $74 for yearly registration after that. Is that correct?

Also, it doesn't appear that I can register online. It looks like I have to go to one of the places on their list. Troy Arctic Cat is on the list and I've been there a few times, but online is easier. Don't mind paying club fees, but I prefer to join a club where I will do the most riding. With a parking area that only holds a half dozen or so, I am not sure if this area is for me yet.

Old 06-15-2012, 11:19 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Mikestr427BB
Thanks for the reply.

I was looking at the reg fees for non-residents. It says $86 for initial registration and it's for 14 Months and than $74 for yearly registration after that. Is that correct?

Also, it doesn't appear that I can register online. It looks like I have to go to one of the places on their list. Troy Arctic Cat is on the list and I've been there a few times, but online is easier.
If you are going to ride before the end of this month, you will need the 14 month registration. NH Reg's go from July 1-June 30, so if you aren't going until July you would just pay the $74.

As for registering, if you are heading up there on Route 12 from MA, you can stop at Bottom's Up Package Store in Fitwilliam. It is 2 miles past the border on the right, and they open up early.

Old 06-15-2012, 11:39 AM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by wilson911
As for registering, if you are heading up there on Route 12 from MA, you can stop at Bottom's Up Package Store in Fitwilliam. It is 2 miles past the border on the right, and they open up early.
Thanks again for the info. I mapquested Fitwilliam and Fitzwilliam pops up. Is that the place you are referring to?

I would also be coming up I-91, so I am not sure it Troy would be better for me or the package store. Troy gives me an excuse to buy more accessories though.....just have to keep the Wife from finding out....lol.

Old 06-15-2012, 06:43 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

If you go the last week of June they usually have the new registrations in. Just call ahead and ask.

Old 06-19-2012, 10:19 AM
Pro Rider

Mke..i just went through this last year, got sick of paying to not ride in Ma. I did join LMFT, not sure what it bought me other than knowing i am helping to keep a riding area going.
The NH reg is very easy as wilson mentioned, there is a little package store that does it and the time lost is only about 5 minutes...like buying a fishing license.
LMFT has some great riding, the big parking lot under the high tension lines belongs to a private dirt bike group and they will let you park there for $5. the LMFT parking lot looks like it was constructed for toy trucks with nothing in tow, so i have been paying the $.

Old 06-28-2012, 06:31 PM
Trailblazer

I'm looking for a little help here. I joined LMFT at Troy Artic Cat and signed up on line. I've been riding out there a few times and love it. The issue I have is I can find a map. Troy Artic Cat doesn't have one, I tried taking a picture of the one hanging up there but that didn't work out so well. I tried on the LMFT website, I click on new atv map only to be given a youth parking certificate.

Am I doing something wrong on thier website?

Thanks
Bob

Old 06-28-2012, 07:30 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by duc106
I'm looking for a little help here. I joined LMFT at Troy Artic Cat and signed up on line. I've been riding out there a few times and love it. The issue I have is I can find a map. Troy Artic Cat doesn't have one, I tried taking a picture of the one hanging up there but that didn't work out so well. I tried on the LMFT website, I click on new atv map only to be given a youth parking certificate.

Thanks
Bob
Not a member there but the clubs usually send out a map after you join. It may take a few weeks depending on the club. A lot of clubs will not give out maps so the only way to get them is to join up. I think Wilson is a member there.

Old 06-29-2012, 05:35 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by duc106

Thanks
Bob

They do send out maps when you join the club. I'm not sure when you joined, but it does take a week or so for them to mail the map out usually. If I were you, I would post this question on the LMFT website. a club officer does monitor the forum and he will reply. Also, if you PM yme your email address I can send you a crude map I made with my GPS.

Quick Reply: Little Monadnock Family Trails