ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Where to Ride (https://atvconnection.com/forums/where-ride/)
-   -   N. Michigan: St Helen, Mio, Rose City, West Brabch (https://atvconnection.com/forums/where-ride/375865-n-michigan-st-helen-mio-rose-city-west-brabch.html)

4-tracker 05-11-2019 09:25 AM

This will be me coming off the Big hill, up north....so excited!
Facebook Post

4-tracker 05-11-2019 09:26 AM

Facebook Post

4-tracker 05-11-2019 09:28 AM

Me jumping for Joy! After getting up there!
Facebook Post

4-tracker 05-11-2019 09:30 AM

Facebook Post
Facebook Post

Kymco 450i 05-11-2019 10:32 AM

Just looked at the pics of your handle bars...no way your gonna fit a windshield on there! One other thing...grab a couple zip lock bags to carry along..the gps units are not waterproof so slipping a zip lock clear plastic bag over them will keep the rain and mud puddle spray off them! Have to mow grass again today...loosing even more time to try and get ready....this rain sucks!

4-tracker 05-11-2019 01:58 PM

These last videos, all 3 of them,didn't show, when I posted them, and is why I kept trying, all 3 times lol! then I just checked and all 3 mysteriously showed up! lol sorry bout that!
I can move that Garman anywhere, it's just there till I get everything bolted down good!
Got my oil chand done, and got everything out, going over little detail stuff, so I won't have it to do last minute!
Counting days down! 5-4-3-2-1

Big Frank 05-11-2019 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by 4-tracker (Post 3418593)
I finally slept good/great all night! first time since accident, where up until now, would only allow me to sleep for a few hrs., than setting up the rest of the night, unable to find a comfortable place to ease the pain in my sides! Also by not doing my exercises, ea. day, since! I gained 8#'s, plus sitting around more, naturally encourages snacking....just look w/ Frank here, if you need a good/bad example lol, so sad!! lol, so just this morning, since I'm starting to feel better, I put my big boys pants on, and tried/started, doing 10 min of jogging in place, with weights, with surprising results, only little pain! Hooray!! Hollyallula!! Trails are impatiently, waiting on me! lol

Really like the GPS maps, after studying them on the Garmin! Had I only, had something like this, starting out, way back in the 80's....but there's something too, about not knowing what to expect, around the next bend on the trail, that can be so mysterious, and surprising, like the way we had to explore areas back in the day, when there wasn't personal mobile devices, invented yet, and very few phone booths, especially in smaller towns, up there, or at least, not that affordable for the common joe, unless you were real rich, but even then, it would have been one of those first models....the bag phone, imagine seeing a dude racing down the trail, yelling hold up, getting a call, and need to stop and unzip a bag to get to this huge receiver, with a coiled cable/cord attached! lol but even with that, there were no cell towers up north yet, especially out where we ride, where even nowadays, we lose the signal, in many places, up there! So for anyone with limited sense of direction, this is the way to go, for sure! Might also help keep the DNR, trail po po....poo poo lol off our behinds, as well!
Weather forecast still holding in there, for next weekend, fingers x'ed! Getting van on the ready, just in case! Quad will load much easier too, with more narrow tires on, this trip!

Yes, I am a good example. I've been losing weight while you were gaining. The last time I went to my primary doctor my BMI was lower than it was 6 weeks earlier. Maybe one of these days I'll change my username to Regular Size Frank, but I'm still the tallest person in my family and I'm taller than all of my friends.

Kymco 450i 05-11-2019 06:40 PM

After mowing, again, Ifinally had some time for play. Mounted my gps and compass but not sure the compass will stay stuck....might have to refigure that one. Unbolted the plow mount ans was going to change oil, but after taking another look at it, it is so clear I can barely see it on the dipstick. Decided to wait on that. Went over everything on the buggy and removed the winter enclosure, that is pretty much ready to ride. Now I have to get the MH ready, hope it stops raining as it wont fit in my garage and I have lots of exterior stuff to do. Oh well keep pushing and see where I get.....

Kymco 450i 05-11-2019 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Big Frank (Post 3418618)
Yes, I am a good example. I've been losing weight while you were gaining. The last time I went to my primary doctor my BMI was lower than it was 6 weeks earlier. Maybe one of these days I'll change my username to Regular Size Frank, but I'm still the tallest person in my family and I'm taller than all of my friends.

I have a friend that weighs almost 350 lbs but you wouldnt know it, he looks almost skinny but he is 6' 7" tall, so his weight is not noticible. If your tall enough you can carry the weight without notice.

4-tracker 05-11-2019 08:39 PM

Proud of you....Tall Frank, forgive me, I wasn't aware lol That's how I'll emagine you from now on lol Tall and great built Frank, especially if you join me, by doing these same 400 steps, simple jogging in place exercises! Just getting off our asses and off the couch, is a great starting place, too! I had to stop because of the accident, and I thought it would be much longer, before I could get back into the routine again, but I'm back in the saddle again, and I'm encouraged to do them, because I know if I get on it right away, now that I can handle the pain better! I know it will bring my weight back down, right away, hopefully before next weekend, since it has helped faithfully ea. time I tried! My magic #, for me, is 200, and that's where I was, right before the injury where I weighed in at the Hospital a few days before last trip. The exercise is so easy to do, and I finish a set while the coffee is making every morning, and evenings before bed. I've worked my retune up to a freaky fast pace, took a while to push it up that hard, by working/pushing/pumping the heart harder, Good example like in our vehicles, where were encouraged to put the pedal to the metal, which like with the heart its pumping/flushing all that carbon/gunk/junk loose from the walls of the fuel injectors or our arteries, and leaves us then feeling refreshed, adding more oxygen in the blood too, which also helps break down/loosening/flushing out fat cells! Who am I here....telling Dr. Internet, anything lol Drop and give me 400 private lol