ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Where to Ride (https://atvconnection.com/forums/where-ride/)
-   -   Don't ride alone!! Very unsafe! Read here (https://atvconnection.com/forums/where-ride/377893-dont-ride-alone-very-unsafe-read-here.html)

Kymco 450i 01-30-2019 03:19 PM

When it gets extremely cold I hook up my battery tender to the battery. Using the winch for plowing uses a lot of battery then add the headlights after dark, the extreme cold will prevent the battery from recovering quickly. I have the battery connected permanetly to a plug so I just plug in tender when needed. Cord lays across seat so I dont drive away with it plugged in. The Tender is a great maintainer to make your battery last longer.

4-tracker 01-30-2019 03:19 PM

Our state might be user friendly, but they sure aren't friendly, when it comes to being your friend....that is lol Anyone want to be my friend, and trail ride this next season? I'm easy going, good company, I cook, fetch firewood, tend fire, put up camp and tent, inflate air mattresses, keep a clean tidy camp, fluff up pillers, pay for my fair share of the trip, trail ride as good and hard as the next guy, enjoy dining out at local diners/bars/brothels/houses of ill repute, you name it! lol

Kymco 450i 01-30-2019 03:50 PM

Well now I am really dissapointed...after 3 days of riding you never showed me one single house of illrepute or brothel...I knew you were saving all the good spots for yourself!

Big Frank 01-31-2019 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by 4-tracker (Post 3411809)
ANY EXCUSE, WILL DO!!
I rode again yesterday! all around the neighborhood!.... with plow on, (just in case the cops saw me), and hoped they'd leave me be, and in case I did get stopped, I had my spiel all ready....officer I'm out here helping my neighbors plow their walks/drives....sir! lol
I've got this buddy/FRIEND? lol, I found/met off Craigs years ago, while desperately, in search of a trail riding friend, who now, that just happens to live exactly a mile from me, that uses his 4x4 for trails, and for plowing his property with, but yesterday he was having problems....again!, keeping it running, because of a faulty ign. switch. I offered to ride over and help plow him out, and just as I was prepared to leave, he called saying he finally got it going.....again, then later on, said it gave him a little trouble....again, keeping it running, but finally got it finished/plowed. I ordered him a new switch....finally yesterday, but he knew about this switch problem, after our last trip up north, way last summer, and has waited until now, when he's out in the cold, aggravating himself, over a stupid little $8 switch....preventive maintenance! Something he's real,really, horribly bad at, by always waiting, until things totally die/blow up/catch fire, before fixing/cleaning/checking/replacing....procrastinates! I had a long write up last summer on here, after out last trip up north, about his 4x4, remember, where his breaks leaked fluid onto his hot brake pads/rotor exploding on fire, with him racing down the trail, unaware of the flames shooting out the back end, like a flag blowing in the breeze, behind him, if I would have just had a camera, videotaping it all lol Then on same trip next day his motor overheats and blows his rad. hose out spraying hot scalding coolant all over his extremely hot motor....too bad it didn't all happen, all at the same time, where the coolant could have extinguish the fire on brakes lol I'm sorry....you really needed to be there, to find this so hilariously, rib aching funny, but all that could have been prevented, had he checked/inspected/cleaned, because the coolant blew out simply because his rad. fins were clogged solid! with mud/dirt/bugs etc. and his breaks overheated and melted rubber brake line, because pads locked up from faulty caliper freezing up. Not done yet....Plus the switch on the last day there, started elec. arcing on off, from switch killing the engine, causing us to finally cut the trip short, packing it all up, leaving for home early! Nightmare of a trip, and all this, just for lack of gen. maintenance! Sorry for going over all this again, but he still hasn't replaced, brake assembly, getting by using just front brakes, with a brand new caliper/pads/brake line, I order months ago, and to lazy to just, get right on it, after parts arrived!! And the only cleaning of his rad. was from a helpful resident up north last summer, when his rad overheated, allowing him to use her garden hose, while she just happened to be out watering her flowers lol So Sad!! See how hard up I am, trying to find a human to ride with....I go through hoops some times, in doing so. Please help me!! and just go on one stinking trip....please....I beg of you!! lol But please check your ride first....ok?
Here's how I remove snow from roof....so simple! lol https://youtu.be/DboaxvDXZ2Y

If I was a cop and that happened I would have left partway through the story and you wouldn't even notice until you were done.

When they had the bonfire they should have had a fire going in the cabin too. Feed the fire until the wood stove is cherry red and feed it some more. The heat rises and when it melts the bottom of the snow pile gravity does the rest. No shoveling or climbing on the roof required.

4-tracker 01-31-2019 08:58 AM

But Frank, that would spoil the thrill/fun of ridding the avalanche to the ground....where's your thrill, sense of adventure, adrenaline rush, a good thrill to rejuvenate you spirits! It’s that element of fear, that stands between a thrill and just plain fun, death defying adventure, adrenaline junkie, It’s all about reaching that feeling we express as, “What a rush!” It feels empowering, and makes us feel that we can do anything! lol Unfortunately, the feeling is fleeting, but for the few moments it lingers, we feel as if we’re walking on air. Much like when we sometimes have taken chances while riding our quads a little too close to the edge of a cliff, or when climbing a steep hill, when your almost ....referring to me here....to the top then suddenly feeling yourself and your bike teetering backwards, then flipping over backwards still hanging on for dear life, tumbling downhill, finally being ejected, then watching your bran new, just seemingly bought lol, wheeler, crash into a tree after tumbling several times before the collision and then still tumble again after the crushing impact, to the bottom of the cliff! True story! and it happened to me at the Mounds, when my sunglasses were so dusty and with the bright glare of the sun, had me disoriented! I had no idea I was that close to falling backwards. And yes there was such a hill there back in the 80's, but I haven't been back there, too many times since, to know if its still that high and steep anymore, would any of you know of this cliff is still there? If it is you would definitely know of it!
Fortunately the dealer where I supposedly bought it, forgot to have me sign the final sales papers, before I took the atv, and called me asking me to come back in and sign them, but I told them I had changed my mind about keeping it, still they insisted I had to keep it, and I threatened them that they either take the bike back, or I was going to use it aggressively (at the time I had no idea how aggressive that would be lol)) yet they still refused, so I kept using the quad for months without making a payment, until one day the owner finally called begging for the bike back, when I told her I had threatened salesman about possible damages while riding, but to my surprise she seemingly, gracefully? accepted it back, but not until she gave me in writing that I wouldn't be held responsible for any damages! They brought this on themselves! They were possibly glad I wasn't hurt in the accident, since the vehicle was released still in their name! I got a lot of use out of it, before they stubbornly accepting it back!
Consumers energy had a fire while trying to pump nat gas out to there customers, is why their asking everyone to cut back or turn down thermostat to 55, on usage, also electricity.

Kymco 450i 01-31-2019 10:24 AM

Lets see now...they make a mistake and we have to pay for it, if they make a bad business decision we have to pay for it, if sales drop from us being more efficient, we get higher rates.....hmmm. beginning to sound like Con Edison here in Ohio!

4-tracker 01-31-2019 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Kymco 450i (Post 3411899)
Lets see now...they make a mistake and we have to pay for it, if they make a bad business decision we have to pay for it, if sales drop from us being more efficient, we get higher rates.....hmmm. beginning to sound like Con Edison here in Ohio!

still haven't tried to start the van, for fear it might bend something, and cant get under there to warm up the oil pan, I'll just wait until tomorrow when it gets much hotter +1 deg, that is lol and I'll just keep the charger plug in now and then.

Big Frank 01-31-2019 02:12 PM

I only went to The Mounds once when I was a n00b with my '97 Sportsman 500. I went up a small hill and once I got to the top it looked like it went straight down on the other side. Another trail went across the top of the hill at a 90 degree angle and instead of backing down the hill I tried turning at the top. I ended up rolling down the hill and my ATV was right behind me just like that boulder Indiana Jones was running from. I did a back-flip and landed head first in a swamp next to the trail, and the old quad went right on by. It landed right side up and was still running, so I dumped the water out of my helmet and hopped back on. I'm not an adrenaline junkie and try to avoid things that are more likely than not going to injure me. That guy falling off the roof with a shovel would have been impaled if he was cursed like my family is. I don't want a shovel up my butt making me look like a giant Popsicle and never would have been up there.

Consumers Energy and DTE both talked the governor into issuing a state of emergency. Neither one of them could keep up with demand, but I didn't know there was another reason besides it being so damned cold out. I was nice and warm, snuggled under the comforter I put on my bed a week or two ago. I left the blanket on too, which I can't remember doing in a very long time. It's usually one or the other.

I'm charging my truck battery right now. I wish I didn't have to run an extension cord out the back door of my house but the only other choice I have is running it out a window. It would be too much trouble taking out a storm window and screen to do it. Plus the windows are screwed shut with drywall screws so no one can open them without a screwdriver.

4-tracker 01-31-2019 02:36 PM

I bet you couldn't find a battery right now, for any vehicle, if you needed one! In fact it might be months before they finally restock, like air conditioners in the summer, if you don't grab one as soon as they put them out.... your screwed! They never restocked all summer! Same thing with snow tires, after the first big snow storm...fuggetaboutit !
I'm just hoping mine will start in the morning, if not, I'll be aw walking to the store for beans and grits lol

Big Frank 01-31-2019 02:41 PM

If mine doesn't start I'm walking to the drug store. I've been low on or out of too many meds for too many days.