ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Where to Ride (https://atvconnection.com/forums/where-ride/)
-   -   Looking for private land to ride near southern ocean county NJ. 1 Adult and 1 child. (https://atvconnection.com/forums/where-ride/378200-looking-private-land-ride-near-southern-ocean-county-nj-1-adult-1-child.html)

Tmackie217 03-04-2019 03:29 PM

Looking for private land to ride near southern ocean county NJ. 1 Adult and 1 child.

Hey everybody, My name is Tom and I’m looking for a private place in or around southern ocean county to take my daughter to learn to ride her new kfx50. I am from forked river and have some spots to take her that aren’t legal where I grew up riding but I’m hoping I can find someone with some extra land that may allow us to come in on sundays and mondays sometimes to get her acclimated in a safe environment until she feels ok with riding at more public places around others. It would be just my daughter and I and possibly a spectator or two. Thanks everyone !

Kymco 450i 03-05-2019 10:17 PM

Good luck....it seems everuone is afraid of being sued nowadays, hard to find any land for recreational use. Other peoblem is trash, people come in and trash other peoples property so folks just close it off. Hope you find something but not gonna bet on it.

Tmackie217 03-06-2019 09:06 AM

I completely understand all those arguments. Unfortunately the people who don’t care or appreciate what’s available to them ruin it for us all. I’ve always brought trash cans back out to any site we’ve ridden that needed a cleanup and my daughter enjoys cleaning up with me luckily lol. People are definitely to sue happy these days. Ive had plenty of spills and injuries out in the woods, never once thought about suing anyone. It’s a shame some people operate this way for sure.

YamahaMoto 03-14-2019 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Tmackie217 (Post 3414541)
I completely understand all those arguments. Unfortunately the people who don’t care or appreciate what’s available to them ruin it for us all. I’ve always brought trash cans back out to any site we’ve ridden that needed a cleanup and my daughter enjoys cleaning up with me luckily lol. People are definitely to sue happy these days. Ive had plenty of spills and injuries out in the woods, never once thought about suing anyone. It’s a shame some people operate this way for sure.

very well said. This is how a lot of us feel. Im guessing you dont have anywhere at your house for her to practice then?

Tmackie217 03-15-2019 10:07 AM

In another month we’ll have enough room for her to at least be able to have a little fun in the yard while she’s learning. Once we’re ready to take off the restrictors she’ll probably out grow the yard quick. luckily a friend of ours has a small field we can use until I get our yard cleared up. My goal is to get a few acres or so in a couple years where friends and family will have a place to go.