Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Connecticut anyone? Cool places to ride? HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2001, 11:55 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am from Coventry Connecticut and am new to ATV's. I just put deposit on new 2002 Honda 400ex. Can anyone help with cool places to ride in CT or Mass, or Rhode island? Thanx

Old 06-29-2001, 11:17 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In CT, there are no legal public places to ride a quad. Private (usually illegal) trails are all over the place, but usually the cops find (and ticket) you quickly.

Depending on the terrain you perfer there are some options fairly close.

Trails - you will need to head to Western Mass or NH. I beleive in the northest corner of CT there are some trails, but not too sure on location or condition. I have been to Oct Mt once before and found the trails a little too rocky for my tastes. I have heard that Pittsfield area has a smoother trail system, but never been there. In another forum, atv time, there has been a lot of talk about the NH trails. (Of course you will need to register your quad in either state)

MX tracks - This is what I mainly ride on. And there is a new practice track near your end of the state. Located in Uxbridge MA. (www.uxbridgemsp.com) I have been there once this year, and I have heard that the place has improved since then. Smaller area in track size than the race series tracks, but a very fun place to play ride on a jumped filled MX track. There is the New England ATV - MX series that races on 3 tracks. Southwick, MA - Jolly Roger (NH) and Walden just over the NY line off 84. The three tracks are really different. Southwick is all sand and a few jumps, Jolly is hard packed and more jumps than you can shake a stick at, while Walden has a few huge jumps but a very fast track. The season is 1/2 over, but there are still 5 races left. Other practice tracks that are a little further Eagle Bridge and Jack Frost. Eagle Bridge is located just north of Albany NY. I have not been there this year, but he has a supercross track (filled with jumps), a national terrain type track (fast) and I understand he completed a harescramble course this spring (a couple miles?). Before Uxbridge, this was the closest track for me. Jack Frost has been the ultimate track I have been to. It is located near Scranton PA. (a little over 4 hours each way for you). It has three tracks, beginner with rolling jumps, a MX track with longer straights and a bunch of jumps and then the supercross track which is tighter and has a jump everywhere you turn. When heading to this place, a group of us spend the weekend down there and ride for two days straight.

So depending on what you prefer, there is riding around the area. Just not in CT.