Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Maryland, VA, North Carolina Dunes/ Trails

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2001, 11:30 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live in baltimore county, north of baltimore in Md. I have heard of dunes in kitty hawk, Nc and was wondering where i could find more info on them. Also, I am looking for info on dunes closer to Battlemore/ Baltimore and possibly some trails. I have a pretty good place to ride behind my house and my boys and me are gonna make a nice MX track. If anyones goin to kitty hawk this summer or is near me; drop me a mail Jlons14@hotmail.com

Old 07-03-2001, 11:20 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to break the news to you, but the only riding on the North Carolina outer banks is north of Corrolla. That is about 30 minutes north of Duck. Sure that is plenty of beach to ride on, but all atv's must buy a permit from the Currituck county satellite office in Corrolla. No need to even try because they will only issue permits to residents of Currituck county! That really sucks huh?

I have also inquired about riding on the beaches south of Nags Head. This is a national seashore under the rule of the National Park Service. They will allow any registered, tagged, and state inspected vehicle to drive on the beach. That would mean the atv would have to be street legal! I don't think that is going to happen either!

Luckily I am not to far from several national forrest with lots of trails and the Hatfield McCoy trail system is not to far away.

Good luck
Mark