Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Riding Uwharrie NC this Sunday

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2001, 10:23 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey everyone!

for anyone that reads here and is local to me, I just wanted to invite you to ride this Sunday at Uwharrie OHV Trails with us.

We will be arriving around 9 am. Come out, meet and ride with us.

Cya there!
Brian
Red Rancher 4x4es, supertrapp,Dynokit,Muddrunners

Old 08-11-2001, 05:14 PM
Weekend Warrior

Where is this place you are going to ride at.I live in Newport by the beach so I don't get out much. Have you ever rode in this neck of the woods.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

2001 Warrior
Fmf mega max
dg nerfs

Old 08-11-2001, 05:32 PM
Range Rover

Uwharrie is close to Greensboro. where is Newport NC?

Old 08-12-2001, 03:26 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Brian, if you think that Uwharrie is something, you need to go to Brown Mtn., if you haven't been. I live in Shelby, NC and we go up there alot. I have not been to Uwharrie, but from what I hear that its pretty rough and rocky! I heard that it sucks! But I have not been so I dunno. People have their own opinion. I heard about a place in Whitmire SC to ride, im going to check it out sometime soon. Check out my site: http://communities.msn.com/atvxtreme I got a "Trail Finder" on there to where you can search riding trails near where you live. Its pretty neat![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-12-2001, 11:07 PM
Range Rover

Jeffman,

We went to Uwharrie today and had a blast! It is rocky in places but not rocky all over. Some of the trails are difficult but all are passable if you have a 4x4. Our Trail Guide was on a 300ex and he did everything.

I have been to Brown Mt too and liked it. We are going to plan a trip/campout there in October when the temps drop some.

It was HOT riding today but we survived. The thing that concerned me the most was people riding without helmets there. My wife is an ICU RN Nuro Nurse and has had 3 ATVers this week alone. This is not a good thing. These folks maybe permently damaged for life.

Have fun, ride safe, WEAR those HELMETS! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-13-2001, 09:25 PM
Pro Rider

Brian,
Were going to Brown Mtn. this coming up weekend and staying a night. Since it rained that will settle the dust and maby cool things off a bit. What kind of truck/ATV do you have? If you ever see us we have a 97' White Chevy Silverado with a black utility tralier and we got a Red 00' Honda Recon, a Red 98' Kawasaki Bayou 220, and my bright 01' Yellow 400EX. Hope to see you there sometime! If you see me come on up and tell me who you are, I wont bite. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 08-13-2001, 10:33 PM
Range Rover

cool Jeffman...I was going to Email you but I don't see the Email Icon. Did they do away with it?

anyway, here's a link to my pictures that are Online. it's informative about me and my family.

http://photos.yahoo.com/brianwsnc

Brian

Old 08-13-2001, 10:49 PM
Pro Rider

My e-mail addy is jeffman79@hotmail.com Im fixin to check out the pic's now. I got some pic's of me at brown mtn. and some videos and other cool stuff, just go to http://communities.msn.com/atvxtreme thats my web site I built. Well talk to ya later!

-Jeff

Old 08-14-2001, 06:40 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey, Brian Newport is next to Atlantin Beach. All the trails have sand or mud but no rocks. I would like to ride up there some time.Since I got married I haven't rode much. If you ever come this way let me no and I'll try to round up some people to ride with.

2001 Warrior
fmf mega max
dg nerfs

Old 08-14-2001, 11:32 PM
Range Rover

Sounds good Harley,

you do mean Atlantic beach? I know it well.. Indian beach, Salter path, Emerald Isle.. etc

close to Beauford? I have a friend that owns a sovineer shop in Beauford. it's on main street just across the from the harbor

I didn't know there were places to ride in that area.. sounds like a fun trip for a weekend beach/atv ride. when is a good time?

Quick Reply: Riding Uwharrie NC this Sunday