Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

ohio rides

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2001, 08:23 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

have any of u riders heard of bear creeek in bolivar, ohio?

Old 09-04-2001, 10:42 PM
Trailblazer

I rode at Bear Creek about 10 years ago. I heard it was closed long ago. I think I got off I77 at Fohl Rd. exit and went south. I rode once to the sled slids they use for winter. Is this the same place?
husky410

Old 09-05-2001, 12:07 AM
Range Rover

I've rode at bear creek a couple times this year. It's definately open. Its costs a couple bucks to ride if you go in the front way :-). Bear Creek is an OK place to ride. There are a couple of nasty hills there. There's one hill aptly named "suicide" there. The only bike I ever saw make it up that hill was a tricked out banshee.... and I'm not about to try it. I'll just watch everyone else roll their quads down it :-). I haven't been there since a friend of mine was going too fast for his ability, hit a rut, and had a 600 pound polaris roll over him. He had to have his hip replaced. I hope I never have to call 9-1-1 on the cell phone again. :-(

On a lighter note, There is a place by Waynesburg, OH that just opened up a little bit ago called Elton Street Riding Park. It's ok riding... Alot of tight trails. This is a sign pointing to it right off of Route 43.

Old 09-05-2001, 07:28 AM
Pro Rider

yeah i wanted to check out "the street" but i havent got to it yet

Old 09-05-2001, 09:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

There's a place called Elson St. just outside of Canton, east on Rt30. Is that what you are referring to?? I've been there, not too bad. The same as Bear Creek with the entry fee, but it's much nicer. The trails are groomed a little better and there are a few hills. Bear Creek frightened me, all around the riding areas there was what looked like crushed ceramic tile!!! I was just waiting for it to shred my tires apart. Never been back since. If you want to check out Elson, head south on 77, east on Rt30, and get off at 43 east. It's a few miles down on the right hand side, with a sign as big as your computer screen. They're not in the phone book so no address for ya. Other than that, we usually make the trip to Allegheny National Forest. More than worth the drive and, for us, about the same distance to Wayne.

Old 09-05-2001, 10:14 PM
Range Rover

Elson Street Riding park is what I was thinking of. Thanks for the correction, TribeFan. I believe Elson Street is only open on Saturdays and Sundays. I'm to hear the trails are groomed. I haven't been there since April, and at that time, the trail were pretty rutted out from all the dirt bikes that go there.

Old 09-17-2001, 01:57 PM
Trailblazer

Scott,, I also live in Mayfield Heights... Where abouts do you live?? I am a few months away from My Quad... Going for the Grizzly... Been debating between the Ruby and that, but have settled on the Yamaha... Where abouts do you ride??? I don't really have anyone to ride with.. I have a few friends that ride, but not very often.. There are a few other people that have offered to take me out with them, but I have lost all contact info.. Rob Hollar was one of the guys, but I have lost his info also!

Old 09-25-2001, 10:41 PM
Range Rover

I found another place this past weekend that was pretty decent. If you live the the NE part of ohio you might wanna check it out.

Back in the spring Navarre got some money from the state to buy some land for a park. Navarre wanted to open a park for ATVs by buying some land from a local strip mining company (to those of you from this area, I'm talking about Warmington). Well, the locals complained that there would be too much noise and a bunch of other claims that had no truth... Finally the local government backed down and scrapped the idea.

But, as I've been told, the money didn't go to waste. The state used this money to buy some land from a stripmine a little outside of Strawsburg, OH (which is south of Canton, OH). I went there this past weekend and it was fairly nice. It's pretty wide open with some decent hillclimbs and alot of jumps. There were quite a few people there.

He's some basic directions on how to get there. I don't remember the street names, but that's not a big deal since it's so close to I-77. Basically you need to get off I-77 on the Strawsburg exit (State Route 21) and head north. Turn left at your first opportunity. If you pass a Hardee's you've gone too far. Follow that road back for a little while and it will turn to the right sharply, and there will be a dirt road straight ahead there. Go onto the dirt road. Make a left turn at the second left follow it for a little ways. Find a safe place to park and start riding!

BTW, it's free to ride here. :-)

Old 09-29-2001, 07:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

Elson street is a good place to ride loved the mut pits doin doughnuts. Iceman is there any signs that says state owned? how big is the place?

Old 09-30-2001, 01:47 PM
Range Rover

I'd say it's about the same size as Elson street, except it's wide open. It's an old strip pit, so there's no vegation, just a bunch of hills and jumps. I didn't see any signs say that's it's state owned, but from what I've heard, the state just bought it so they might not have had enough time to put signs ups.

Next time I'm there (Probably this coming Saturday), I'll take some pictures and post them.

Quick Reply: ohio rides