Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Deepwater Missouri

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2001, 10:57 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well , me and the crew will be at Deepwater again tomorrow, Red Quadmaster, Orange Rancher
maybe others, come up and say hi, black F150 STX ,black trailer. Had a blast last week we pulled out several from the water holes.

Old 12-01-2001, 12:12 AM
Pro Rider

Tell me about deepwater... Not familiar with it.

Old 12-01-2001, 01:37 AM
Trailblazer

Deepwater is 800-900 acres maintained by the corp of engineers at Deepwater Mo just south of Clinton MO off highway 7 trails, hillclimbs muud water etc etc 2 parking areas , totally free .

Old 12-01-2001, 10:45 AM
Trailblazer

Itrak,

I saw you guys pull in last weekend, didn't realize it was you. We were parked by the fence, I had the white, extended cab Chevy With a black trailer. We ha a 250X Honda(grey/red), Warrior(white/blue), Banshee(yellow/red), Kawisaki Tecate-4(green/blue), and my Quadracer(yellow/blue) in our group. There were suppose to be a few others but they just couldn't make it. We had the big ol' MAX with us too. Watched him pull out a couple of burried 4X4 Polarises. Also all my buddies got to see him roll it over backwards down a steep hill by the hi-way. Nature called and I missed it. Anyway Deepwater Is a great place to ride, lots of mud and trails with some good little steep hills to climb. I can't wait to ride there again.

Danno

Old 12-02-2001, 02:13 AM
Trailblazer

how far is deepwater missouri from st.louis and off what high way

Old 12-02-2001, 05:18 AM
Trailblazer

Take highway I70 west to exit #49 (Higginsville exit) Highway 13- go south on 13, (left) about 46 miles to Clinton MO, at the first light in Clinton,
turn left on highway 7 (south ) go about 15 miles to Deepwater MO . Look for the Deepwater mo sign on right, directly to your left is the road that takes you to the riding areas about 1/3 of a mile.

Old 12-02-2001, 02:49 PM
Trailblazer

redjosh,

I am assuming that you would cross at the Chain of Rocks bridge(I-270), It would be about 4 1/2 hours from there. When you go through Clinton, stay on hiway 13 south, you will cross Truman Lake twice, on the second bridge you will see a Deepwater sign, just after you cross the second bridge you will have a gravel road on you left(it is best if you are in the left lane crossing the bridge), that is where you want to turn, This is the entrance to Cooper Creek Recreational Area(there is no sign until you get to the parking lot). you can see part of the riding area from the highway.

Danno

Old 12-02-2001, 07:53 PM
Pro Rider

I appreciate the info, perhaps I'll drop through there next time I paas near lake of the ozarks

Old 12-03-2001, 02:17 AM
Trailblazer

so is there places to stay at deepwater and what is the riding like there and cost and some of the rules

Old 12-03-2001, 10:39 PM
Trailblazer

As far as I can tell the only rule is don't ride on the roads. I did hear some people talking that if a ranger catches you riding on the road you get a big fine. I don't know about camping but there are hotels in Clinton 6miles away. Its free to ride and there are alot of trails, mud and water, some steep 40 to 50 foot hills to climb out in the woods and some open areas along the lake. It pretty cool and I'll ride there again soon. Another place you might want to check out Chadwick down by Branson. I have yet to ride there but I hear that its the best place in the state to ride. There are 125 miles of trails, some are suppose to be pretty tough.

Danno

Quick Reply: Deepwater Missouri