Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

U.P. Poker Run is set

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2002, 09:44 PM
TQO
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 3rd annual Eastern UP Poker Run is set for June 7th and 8th of this year. To request info on the run, visit tqoutfitters.com. Also lots of info on the Michigan ATV site which is michiganatv.com. Go to the trail talks area.

The ride is a 2 day event and we cover around 150 - 200 miles. Fairly easy riding with planned gas stops and visits to towns. We normally take a ride to the Tahquamenon Falls on Saturday afternoon. Last year, I guided about 38 bikes to the falls.

Hope to see you there.

Rich
Tahquamenon Hotel
Tahquamenon Outfittes
Hulbert, MI

Old 01-20-2002, 09:24 PM
Trailblazer

Actually Rich, there were 43 including yourself when we went to the falls last year. And if your brand new broken down Polaris had been running, someone else could have come. I hope Polaris, made good on that one...
Do you remember, you were going to take the crew to some place north of the falls to see a lady that wanted us to patronize her facility. We didn't go due to time. Is this going to be part of the Poker Run, this year? I'm asking because last year you scrapped that part of the Run which allowed time to go to the falls.
Thanks,
Chuck

Old 01-20-2002, 11:34 PM
TQO
Trailblazer

That would be the Silver Creek Bar, Chuck. We scrapped it because I went there a couple days before the run and there was no gas in her tanks. I have to make sure I find the trail this spring to that place.

We will visit some other areas this year. I think we might include Rudyard and Rexton. Will limit the number of cards though. Even you could win if you could draw 50 cards.

Polaris did not make good on that deal and we have just filed a lawsuit against them. The only reason we filed is because of their arrogant attitude about that bike. Everything they said was driver error. If had 1700 miles on the trailer with that bike and only 20 on the ground. I'm on the 3rd motor right now and have about 700 miles on it. The thing that pisses me off is that I got the bike back for good and I got a note saying my warranty was up. No more Polaris' for me. And I buy 1 or 2 bikes a year.

See you in June. May have to go to the QQ.

Rich
Tahquamenon Hotel
Tahquamenon Outfitters
Hulbert, MI

Old 01-22-2002, 02:34 AM
Pro Rider

What one did you have???? Just wondering Im thinking about sell the Cat for the 700
Thanks
Take Care

Old 01-22-2002, 08:36 AM
TQO
Trailblazer

I had the Expedition 425, of which I own 3. The second bike and the third bike go 10 mph less than my first bike. I just had a bad experience with Polaris. No more for me.

Don't know what to buy now.

Rich
Tahquamenon Outfitters
Hulbert, MI

Old 01-23-2002, 07:56 AM
Pro Rider

Rich,

Hope the family and business are both doing well. I'd suggest trying to pick up a used Honda 300 FourTrax. Customers could beat the crap out of them and still start/run most times with little maintenance.

Hope the run goes well as I won't be able to go this year. Still trying to tell anyone that'll listen that a trip up your way is well worth the effort.

I remember trying to find Silver Creek from your directions when we all met at the 'T' in the road after the falls..........never had so much fun being lost! LOL

John
'00 SP500

Old 01-23-2002, 09:04 PM
TQO
Trailblazer

Are you not coming only because Bill booked your room already? Be a sport and bring a tent.

I think the hotel is full for the run. As far as business going well, this is the worst snowmobile season ever. I've only sold 1000 gallons of fuel and I usually sell 4000 gallons a week in the winter. NO SNOW.

We'll still have a toast to you John. Hope all your friends still make it.

Rich
Tahquamenon Outfitters
Tahquamenon Hotel
Hulbert, MI

Old 01-24-2002, 01:45 AM
Pro Rider

How much is camping, and is it camping in a field at your place. This will be my first ATV trip to the UP.
Thanks

Old 01-24-2002, 06:59 PM
TQO
Trailblazer

There is several places to camp. You can get full hookups with an RV at the American Legion post or there are a couple other places to RV hookup. There is also a small campground at the river which is about 6 miles away or so. I think he charges 5 per day. You can camp in tents at our hotel or on my private property know as the Ten Point. That costs nothing. Don't know how much hookups are, but probably less than most places.

Rich Goupille
Tahquamenon Hotel
Tahquamenon Outfitters
Hulbert, MI
tqoutfitters.com

Old 01-25-2002, 08:14 AM
Pro Rider

Rich,

I guess I should've just booked that room last year and it would've forced me to come back this year! I'm counting pennies this year as we're going down to Windrock in the spring; staying in some pretty nice cabins, renting a car and she's(gulp) $hopping while I'm riding.

Must've had a mid-life crisis as we've been able to go to Canada fishing, Aruba, Vegas, Gatlinburg, Maui and all over creation in powered parachutes,******* boats,sleds or quads in a fairly short period of time. Been very fortunate to do all this in large part through the generosity of others who also like to have fun; but realized early on that my wallet size/obligations will probably always keep me from packing up every time someone shouts 'road trip'!

Really sorry about the snow as I know what it means to all of you up there. I'm doing my best to spread the word down here about the run and will make sure I get up there next year. Anybody reading this, believe me, you'll have a blast up there and see some prime U.P country without driving the whole peninsula.

Take care, Rich and hope to see you before next year,

John