Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

CT.. x-park....is ..open!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2002, 09:23 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well finally someone stepped up and opened an X-PARK in CT.I have not seen it yet due to nursing a wrist injury. The flier reads "NEW ENGLANDS PREMIERE OFF-ROAD SPORTS COMPLEX" ....motocross-supercross-atv woods loops-freestyle...I spoke to ower briefly via e-mail who stated he has one mx track complete and a trail loop complete,but has plans for much more.Web site is under constuction, but looks promising.I hope to see it personally within the next week,and shall give full report.I just hope CT riders support him due to fact he mentioned he had some opposition to openning.for more information call SLATER RACING PRODUCTS 203-878-2379 or www.SRPinternational.com
park is located in NORTH HAVEN on Valley Service Road
FERN

Old 02-03-2002, 12:01 PM
Weekend Warrior

Were did you get the flyer?I have heard about the place opening but thoght it was just a rumor.Is it just for dirt bikes?How much to join.Let me know if you know anything.Thanks

Old 02-03-2002, 12:22 PM
Trailblazer

I got the flyer from a friend of owner,but all it has is information I gave,and directions. Via e-mail he said there is a atv wooded loop,but I am sure atvs are allowed elsewhere also. His website is under contruction, but It should have all the info there soon. I'm nursing a wrist injury but I shall be for some slow riding next week. I'll let you know. I sure hope he gets support. We need someplace to ride in CT. Feel free to call or e-mail through www.SRPinternational This is only the second week. I'm sure he's still working things out.

Old 02-04-2002, 01:39 PM
Weekend Warrior

The website is kinda vague since it is under construction. Do you know the costs?

Thanks

Kurt

Old 02-08-2002, 09:11 PM
Trailblazer

I have some additional information about the X-park. At the present time the city of North Haven are not allowing for openning. He has been in a battle with zoning. He started a petition and is looking for the support from all riders. There will be a public hearing on the issue at a later date. He is only allowing his friends to ride on weekends with proper equiptment(helmut,mx boots,??).
We all pay sales tax when we buy our quads. It is about time the state of Connecticut allowed us to ride somewhere, especially when they are not providing us with the land. I payed over $500 dollars in property tax on my atvs this year. It is time to be heard.

Old 02-08-2002, 10:40 PM
Weekend Warrior

What a joke.Thats why i dont get my vehicles reg in CT.I go to Mass and pay $20 for the year PERIOD!!! I would be willing to pay property tax on it but its just not worth it in Ct when they give you nowere no ride.

Old 02-11-2002, 11:12 PM
Trailblazer

I was watching the news recently, and they said there might be a place in shelton opening up for atv..ect.

Old 02-12-2002, 08:48 AM
Weekend Warrior

I read the article re:Shelton in the local newspaper. The town is planning to build a x-park on the landfill on River road. The Alderman clearly stated that he wanted it to be a skate park, not an ATV park due to the noise; the area is zoned residential/commercial. There isn't enough land anyway - only a couple of acres. Heard a rumor last night that Doug Henry (of supercross fame) will be building a riding area in Torrington.....again just a rumor.....

Old 02-12-2002, 06:53 PM
Weekend Warrior

I spoke with Jon the land owner today and he has been having problems with the zoning commission, so he had the news reporter come down to North Haven, because the gate on the PUBLIC road has been locked and the town has been dening him access to his property. Hopefully this will all work out soon! i'll keep you informed or keep me informed on any progress with this Bull!@#^.
Jazski20

Old 02-13-2002, 10:22 AM
Trailblazer

I'm glad to see CT riders on the forum. Im pissed there giving john a hard time about opening an x-park. I hope there is a pubic hearing so I express my feelings on the subject.I hope it works out for him.

Jazski20,let me know when your riding again. I'd like to chech out some spots in CT.

Quick Reply: CT.. x-park....is ..open!!!!