Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Ju;y Poker Run in The U.P.?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2002, 11:32 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I forgot TCQ's e-mail address,so I'am trying through the forum to findout about a Poker Run usually in July held eastern part of Upper Michigan? I beleve there will be another Scud Run held near Carney (east of Iron Mtn) in April. Last year about 100 riders joined in.
Rich if you see this let me know.
bmcintyre@isp360.net

Mac The Red Rhino

Old 02-18-2002, 04:44 PM
Range Rover

Rich is having the Poker Run in June this year. Check out his website for more info. and Rich's email address. www.tqoutfitters.com

or

Check out the MATVA forum topic UP Poker Run

Old 02-18-2002, 04:45 PM
Range Rover

Mac, the dates are JUNE 7th and 8th and they ARE confirmed dates. I beleive Rich has no vacanies left at his hotel but maybe you can STILL get a room at the sno shoe inn. I'd call asap if you need a room. I dont have Riches email but you may be able to get ahold a him on his web site, tqoutfitter.com, there's a email link on this page. There is some info on miatvassoc.com also.- where to ride.....

scott

Old 02-18-2002, 09:29 PM
TQO
Trailblazer

As the other posts say, the run is on for July 7th and 8th. I will be posting a list of area hotels (within 15 miles) for all to get their reservations. There is plenty of camping in the area with hookups or rustic.

Sorry Chuck. The ten point is taken by me because everybody else took my rooms at the hotel.

Rich
Tahquamenon Hotel
Hulbert, MI
tqoutfitters.com

Old 02-18-2002, 09:38 PM
Trailblazer

I assume July 7th and 8th are the correct dates, Rich?
Mac

Old 02-18-2002, 09:49 PM
TQO
Trailblazer

My first post was incorrect. The dates are JUNE 7TH AND 8TH. Sorry, but my head must have been elsewhere.

We put the run into the beginning of June because of the dust. Even though it is fun, the ride would be much more enjoyable and safe with a tighter ground. Last year, we took 40 some bikes up to the Tahquamenon Falls on Saturday and we were strung out over 3 miles.

Unfortunately, we have virtually no snow and if we don't have a wet spring, it may be like July again in June. Who cares. We will still have a ball.

Don't forget that Bill and Chuck and the gang offered to come up and help mark the trails for free food.

Rich
Tahquamenon Hotel
Hulbert, MI
tqoutfitters.com

Old 02-18-2002, 09:59 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks Rich, I assume your rooms are all booked as well?
Mac

Old 02-19-2002, 10:14 PM
Trailblazer

Wait a minute Rich! That was Bill's idea about putting up signs for the run... I just want the free food...
Ten points? Is that the house out in the woods, next to the TQ river? That would be a nice place to hang out if you had a lawn mower to attach to the four wheeler. See what you can do for next year, OK?
Chuck

Old 02-20-2002, 08:46 PM
Trailblazer

Rich, I sent an email to your web site for information on the Poker Run and to reserv a camp site now, after talking to Jiggen Jack from Norway we decided to get a room instead of bringing the camper. If I understand everyone correctly you are all booked up so, how can I get a room at the Sno Sho Inn?
I want to reserve a room for thur, fri and sat nights[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Mac

Old 02-20-2002, 09:01 PM
TQO
Trailblazer

Mac,

Look at the Chippewa Snow Chasers web site at chippewasnowchasers.com. This is the local snowmobile club that grooms the trails for sledding. They have a list of all hotels in the area. I would get rooms is Hulbert or Strongs. The Sno Shu Inn has cabins and a lodge you can stay at. There is also a hotel on M-28 called the Handshake and another called Hulbert Hills. These 2 on M-28 may not be as good as Sno Shu, but you only rest your head there anyway. All the activities will be at our hotel and on our private property which is about 5 miles by ATV from the hotel.

I will be getting a burning permit for my property and we will have a big bonfire going. I'm logging my property and putting in food plots, so we need to burn the brush in the fields that we are putting in. No better time to do it than when a bunch of trolls are around to feed the fire.

Hope to see you guys there. We have a blast and everybody gets fat and happy on the food.

Rich
Tahquamenon Hotel
Hulbert, MI

Quick Reply: Ju;y Poker Run in The U.P.?