Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Northern NJ

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2002, 01:48 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any good places to ride in Northern NJ? How far from the TappenZee bridge?

Old 04-05-2002, 06:20 PM
Weekend Warrior

Let me know if you find any

Old 04-08-2002, 03:03 PM
Pro Rider

I ride in Mahwah, N.J., which is about 20 minutes from the TZ bridge. Some of the trails are pretty hairy, not for the weak of heart. The trails go on forever though. We usually ride on saturdays, all day.

Old 04-10-2002, 01:46 AM
Trailblazer

J,
When you ride in Mahwah, does the man ever bother you? I have seen people ride there but have heard of stories of getting tickets and stuff. Also, what do you do? Do you go under the highway in the drainage tunnel and then shoot up the mountain? Have you ever seen and park rangers where you ride?

Mike

Old 04-10-2002, 01:30 PM
Pro Rider

The cops don't bother you if you park your truck in the big field next to the ramp that leads to the thruway from rte 17. As long as you dont ride on sharp plazas property or in the mahwah river they wont bust your chops. Sometimes they check your registration and what not. If you try to run from them they will take your bike and give you tickets. We enter the trails just like you said, under the drainage tunnel. The riding there is awesome. you can ride for hours without ever hitting the same trail.

--------------------
kawasaki lakota sport 300
stock except for nerf and brush bar

Old 04-10-2002, 11:48 PM
Trailblazer

J,
When are you riding next. Maybe we can meet and ride together. Oh, by the way I also have a LAkota Sport as well.
Let me know,

Mike

Old 04-11-2002, 02:02 PM
Pro Rider

Mike,
Not sure when we are going next. Probably next Saturday April 20. Depends on if I have to work or not. We usually meet up in the big field around 10 or 11 am. Keep in touch and I,ll let you know.

J

Old 04-14-2002, 02:53 PM
Trailblazer

I seem to be missing something. I've been there once and went around the whole place in 15 minutes. Where is the drainage tunnel?
-scarab

Old 04-14-2002, 03:19 PM
Pro Rider

Scarab,
It's hard to describe how to get to the trail. If you want, we are riding next Saturday, about 10 or 11 am. Meet up with us in the big field next to the highway. I'll be in a maroon ranger xlt with a blue kawasaki lakota in the back. You can e-mail me at simnat99@netscape.net for more info.
You won't be disappointed, the trails go on for days. We usually bring a sandwich or something because you wont see your truck for hours after we start riding. Let me know.
J

Old 04-16-2002, 09:56 PM
Pro Rider

i live in mahwah. we ride either at the sharp property or at stagg hill which is the tennessee gaspipline. so yea if yuou wanted you can get from NJ to tennessee of course you have to cross a few roads but weve gone pretty far. theres tons and tons of rocks. tons of hill climbs and some mud, but its technical riding very technical. utility quad terrain. but youll have fun on a sport, i brought my 400ex up there a lot my bro rides his warrior there and i brought the banshe up there also. but i just go a sick polaris, so i will be riding that, i know all those trails very well and have tons of friends up on the mountain, so tell me when you guys are going up there, maybe we can meet up.

Quick Reply: Northern NJ