Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

st. joes state park sunday

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2002, 11:42 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anybody going?

Old 05-04-2002, 03:59 PM
Pro Rider

I might be. Depends on when I get home from work.

Daren

Old 05-06-2002, 12:10 AM
Pro Rider

I didn't make it back from work in time. How was it? Hopefully I'll get to go this weekend.

Daren

Old 05-06-2002, 12:23 AM
Pro Rider

Daren

what kit do you have on your shee. is it the trinty stage 4? How much did you pay for your kit and about how much HP are you putting out. Also how does it do against other modded bikes? Thanx

Old 05-06-2002, 02:17 PM
Pro Rider

Hello SykoQuadRider,

My Banshee has Trinity's 420 Long Rod Kit. It is a Stage III motor and has the following: Stage III Porting and Head mods, Stage IV Intake Manifolds, Carbon Tech Reeds, and Dual Keihin 33mm PWK's with clamp on Uni Filters.

Trinity used to have a dyno chart that showed a Stage III 420 (with a single carb) making 70 horsepower. I am confident that my bike makes at least this much power. It is also unbelievably torquey.

Are you familiar with the Bonne Terre Sand Drags? I have ran there and my best et was 4.87 sec @ 63 mph on the 300ft strip. Keep in mind that this is with a completely stock chassis. No extended swingarm, etc. So far at St Joe, modded bikes have not been a problem. If you know Jay (Pudjumper), he can tell you about my bike.

I have run twice at our local 1/8th mile asphalt dragstrip. So far, my best is an 8.4 sec run at around 80 mph. It was the last time I was there. I was running flat track tires and I had it sprocketed too low.

My first night there, I was running 400ex type rear tires that spun terribly. It didn't help that my gear ratios were on the tall side. I have a printout showing 8.649 sec @ 77.17 mph. These times were also with a completely stock chassis. Both nights ended up getting rained out. With more time, I'm sure that it will get into the 8.2's.

I spent about $2600 but all engine work, including Teardown & Assembly, was done by them. Also included in this were the return shipping and the usual Banshee rebuild items. New main bearings, new seals, you get the picture. I'm considering selling my Banshee to build a new (faster) one. If I do, I will definitely be sending the engine to Trinity.

Maybe sometime soon we could get together at St. Joe to do some riding. I would really like to go this coming weekend, but my work schedule is very unpredictable. I'll try to let you know when I will be going there next.

Daren

Old 05-06-2002, 07:39 PM
Pro Rider

Yes I do know jay with thye polaris and EX he told me about your bike. I was on Trinty website and seen the stage 4 kit on there that I was looking at but not the 420 long rod. Where can I find it at? Thanx

Old 05-06-2002, 11:43 PM
Pro Rider
THEBOM Racing. If it don't scare you a little, it's not going fast enough !!!

Hey Daren

Watch out for the DS on NOS , They say he's cheating.LOL

J Ross

Old 05-07-2002, 01:37 AM
Pro Rider

Syko,

The 420 kit is not shown on Trinity's new site yet. Harry McDermott, owner of Trinity Racing, posted a reply to a thread about the website. He said that it is only about 1/2 done and that the big bore / stroker Banshee engine packages will be added to the site. You can bet that I'll be checking it frequently.

Jeff,

I'm sure that a DS on NOS is strong, as you have already proven. I didn't understand the part about cheating? I guess if you run the NOS, people say that your cheating because they feel it is an unfair advantage??? I guess that means it wouldn't be fair to run my new custom cylindered 580 Banshee in a lightweight frame with an override tranny against bikes with stock chassis, cylinders, and transmissions? Just kidding, I don't have any such beast.

Your DS's are getting fast enough that I guess I'll have to call Harry McDermott again. I could run NOS, but I'd rather just have him build me a new, "REALLY FAST" Banshee. LOL!

Daren

Old 05-07-2002, 09:45 AM
Pro Rider
THEBOM Racing. If it don't scare you a little, it's not going fast enough !!!

Hey Daren

Just let me catch ya before you start changeing things.LOL
You don't know how maney people tell me that NOS is cheating. I just figure that you can spend your money on the mods you what. I can put NOS on a bike for what a pipe a jet kit cost and get three times the power.

As far as NOS on a two-stroke that scares me. Looks like a bom in the making. Any time you have fuel above and below the piston ,and a mis fire.BOOOOM Handgernade.

Let me know on the next trip to ST. Joes.

J Ross

Old 05-07-2002, 11:43 AM
Pro Rider

The idea of Nitrous on my Banshee kind of scares me. It would be a hand grenade between my legs! LOL. I know what you are saying about the cheating. I thought that was what you were referring to, but I wasn't for sure.

I would love to go to St Joe this weekend, but I have doubts that I'll be off work. I will be sure to let you know if I do.

Daren