Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

BIG BAY MICHIGAN

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2002, 01:53 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey all.

I just got back from another Big Bay Michigan ATV trip and wanted to tell ya all about this area for ATV'ing. This has got to be the best riding I have ever done. I took over 200 pics last weekend of our ride and those pics are still only a fraction of the things to see and areas to ride. Do yourselfs a favor and make a trip up there to do some riding you won't be dissapointed I guarantee it.

BIG BAY RIDE PICS

Old 06-05-2002, 10:23 AM
Trailblazer

Where exactly is this place located? Can yo provide some more details about the area?

Old 06-05-2002, 11:19 AM
Pro Rider

Heres where Big Bay is located on a map

MAP

Click around the rest of my site for more info on that area too....

Old 06-06-2002, 12:32 AM
Trailblazer

Pics look great! I'am also from the Chicago land area, How long was the drive up ? How do you think a raptor would do on those trails?

Old 06-06-2002, 01:03 AM
Pro Rider

I'm 30 miles south of chicago and it take about 8 hours to get there...I got home last weekend in about 7 hours, but that was doing like 80-85 all the way home. Big Bay is 433 miles from my house. About that raptor. When we were up there last weekend some guy was staying at the hotel and riding and he had a raptor. One of my buddies I always go riding with, the one with the green griz 660 in those pics has a raptor and thats what hes been riding up there ever since he got his griz 660. He brought both with him last weekend and only rode the raptor for a few minutes. He actually surprised me though when he used to always ride his raptor up there, you'd be surprised how much stuff it can get through, but ofcourse you have to avoid or go around alot of the fun stuff, ie.. mud, water etc. he still loves it though no matter what he rides so you should be all good with your raptor up there too...have fun

Old 07-01-2002, 07:08 PM
ox
Pro Rider

Lack;

I couldn't get any of the full size pics to come up. Which roads were you on? Did you ride from the motel in town? Did you/can you ride all the way west? Doo you sled there in the winter?

Been Here?

edit: BTW, Good for kids?

Old 07-01-2002, 09:30 PM
Pro Rider

Hey OX,

Yes, we rode from the hotel and we were on a lot of the logging roads and other roads around there to get to other places and trails. AAA (Triple A), 510, etc. And yes we rode west, I'm not sure how far we went before and I am assumning you could go far west, but I can't answer that question with certainty cuze I never rode to like houghton from big bay (for an example).

Yes I have sleded there in the winter many times. Great snowmobiling up there too..! About being goos for kids. I don't see what would/could make it not good for kids?

That pic, Yes I was there last time we went up there ATV'ing. Heres a direct link to the pic

HERES ONE

HERES ANOTHER

I don;t see why the pics didn't load for you. Maybe a slow connection..? Anyway hope i answered your questions. Happy riding

Dave

Old 07-01-2002, 10:12 PM
Trailblazer

Great pics!!!!
I'm going to get out a map and see how far it is from Toronto. Is this a public area? Do you need any kind of permits/passes? My machine is licensed (Ontario) and insured.
When is your next trip? Sure would like to go when some others are going.

Ox, are you clicking on the link on the side menu? I didn't at first, thought the pics were going to come up on the main page.

Old 07-02-2002, 12:29 AM
ox
Pro Rider

Yeah, the pics are fine now. ?

Try and stay warm! O K boyz? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-02-2002, 10:34 AM
Pro Rider

2tall

Yes that area is for public riding and you need a Michigan ORV sticker (permit). The permit costs like 17 dollars. We got ours at a Walmart. I believe a lot of gas stations sell them too. We are going up to ride Big Bay the weekend after next, July 12-15th (12, 13, 14 and the 15th). I just hope its not silly hot up there. I talked to the Big Bay hotel owner the other day and they said when they went riding last weekend it was 96 degrees. He said they spent most of the day under waterfalls. Anyway hope I answered your questions.

Happy Riding

Quick Reply: BIG BAY MICHIGAN