Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Southern Minnesota

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2000, 10:13 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am from Mankato MN there are a few places around here to ride but not that great. I have seen other places in posts on this board and on the web about souther minnesota. I was wondering if I could get some information about these places like type of terrain is it public land, is worth going to for a day and directions on how to get there. I was wondering about:
Whitewater
Wabasha Sand Pits
Snake Creek
Trout Valley
Tri-County Atv Park
I would like to add these to an upcoming website that I am creating and I would like to go myself!

Old 03-24-2000, 01:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whitewater--Very muddy with many river crossings. I would suggust 4x4's only. Also steep hill climbs, fallen tree's and rocks.

Wabasha Sand Pits--Good for a couple of hours of riding. Steep sand hills, huge single and double jumps, hillclimbs.

Snake Creek & Trout Valley--These two trails are real close to each other. Each are about a 10 mile loop. Hard pack, up and down hills, woods and open trail riding, tight as well as a few long straits.

The best riding for the money around here is Black River Falls WI. It is 2 hours from Rochester and is close too 100 miles of trails. Sand, Hard pack, mud, hills, jumps, play areas. There is everything there. Plus, places to stop and refuel and get a bite too eat. It is very popular. There are always people there every weekend. Plus its a great one day trip. Leave early and get back late.

If anyone wants more info on any of the trails, driving directions, or even wants to hook up and ride for a day. Let me know.

Chris chrisjstark@yahoo.com