Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

MN- Iron Range OHV Park

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2002, 08:18 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MN- Iron Range OHV Park

Well, I headed up to the new park in Gilbert this weekend and had a blast. It was super cold to be riding through puddles and the mudbog, but was fun none the less. The park is pretty big with green, blue, and black (easy to hard) trails. We aren't talking 100's of miles here, but there is enough to keep you occupied for a good bit of time. The trails are all very nice thorugh the woods, up the hills, and into the mud. On the DS i didn't dare try the Black trails because the rocks looked to big, and I didn't want to get stuck. But the Traqxter handl;es eveyrhting in stride. The GF and I did not get stuck at all, but there wuite a few who went off the trail or were stuck in the mudbog.
I would recommend the Park as a weekend destination. We drove up after work on Friday, stayed in the Days Inn in Eveleth (We would recommend the Super8 as it is much nicer) and rode Saturday. It would have been nice to ride sunday too, but it was damn cold.
Overall, I recommend checking it out. We had a good time as did everyone else there.

LAter
Scott

Old 10-14-2002, 09:04 PM
Trailblazer

I WANT TO GO!!!!!!! Everything I heard is that this place sounds better and better.

How did the sound tests go?
Is the test at an idel or do you have to give it some gas?

Old 10-14-2002, 11:03 PM
Trailblazer

It was a good time..
Sound check was fine, The people working there were quite nice. The GF's Traxter XT passed in the 70-80Db range and my DS passes @98Db..

They take the reading at 1/2 throttle, but I know my DS was running 75% of redline... You need to be less than 100Db to get in and you can have more than one chance (i.e like a sock in the exhaust) then you get your sticker that is good for the rest of '02.. In jnauary you pass once and I think you pass for the rest of the year.

I posted a few trail pictures on imagestations you can go HERE. (ALSO, you can see pics of the new puppy in my other album) Its free to register etc etc..

Later
Scott

Old 10-14-2002, 11:05 PM
Trailblazer

Oh yeah and the 4 X 4's were pretty neat too..

Old 10-16-2002, 05:14 PM
Pro Rider

Two buddies and I are going to the OHV Park this weekend for the day on Sat. We are leaving Sat. morning after we get off work and going for a day trip, so if anyone wants to go let me know and we will work something out. The OHV park is open until the 1st of Nov right?
Thanks

Old 10-16-2002, 05:41 PM
Pro Rider

hey People< I live about ten miles away from it. i recomend you all go if u get the chance. Its for all kinds of atvs,dirtbikes and gocarts. Old mine hills are a blast to climb[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] any questions go ahead and ask.

Old 10-16-2002, 07:28 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: StitchZR2
Two buddies and I are going to the OHV Park this weekend for the day on Sat. We are leaving Sat. morning after we get off work and going for a day trip, so if anyone wants to go let me know and we will work something out. The OHV park is open until the 1st of Nov right?
Thanks
This is true, but it opens back up the last week of Nov. and is open Fri-Sun during the winter. Gilbert has their own website with more info and hourshere and then there is the general iron range site here.

It should be a good weekend, although a bit cold.

I think I am going to go do a harescramble this weekend. Never done one before... should be interesting at least.

Old 10-17-2002, 11:29 PM
Pro Rider

MinnesotaRIPPER
Why dont you come up with us it you want. I drive a S-10 so theres not much room to sit in the jump seat in the back but my other buddie backed out so we have room for one more. Just thought Id let you know. E-mail me at stitchzr2@hotmail.com or post on the net if you would like to go. I sent you a e-mail about 3weeks ago, did you ever get it???
Hope to hear from you
Thanks

Old 10-18-2002, 12:09 AM
Trailblazer

Nope never got your e-mail. I'll see if I can talk my dad and I into going up there saturday. Maybe we can just meet up in the parking lot of the OHV Park. I just dont know if I should take the pipe off or not.

Old 10-18-2002, 12:15 AM
Trailblazer

Oh my e-mail is stulcklk@hotmail.com

Quick Reply: MN- Iron Range OHV Park