Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Connecticut Riders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2002, 11:43 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Connecticut Riders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello Everyone,

I would like to get together with some Connecticut riders this fall, to go riding, share riding areas/spots and to meet new people and friends.

I know the State of Connecticut has no legal riding areas, but maybe if we network, we can share ideas, etc, etc..

Please get back to me with any thoughts and suggestions. I would like to keep this post going!!.

Thanks,

IronBear [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-16-2002, 02:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hello,

My wife and I live in Lisbon and are looking for places to ride in this area. Any help would be great.

Thanks alot.
Al Harraka

Old 10-20-2002, 04:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

iron, i am from CT as well..... we ride a bit in Newtown, and will be goin to new york this season.... where do you ride now?

Old 10-20-2002, 05:13 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey all,I live in S.Glastonbury Ct. I also belong to a club called ATV Riders of Connecticut.The web site is listed below. We go on rides every weekend and are always looking for new member and new places to ride. I do go to the Portland fair grounds alot and am going to try Cheshire and also back to cromwell sand pit. Check out the site and let me know whats up. ctriders.com

Old 10-20-2002, 05:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: Yamiwarrior02
Hey all,I live in S.Glastonbury Ct. I also belong to a club called ATV Riders of Connecticut.The web site is CtRiders.com. We go on rides every weekend and are always looking for new member and new places to ride. I do go to the Portland fair grounds alot and am going to try Cheshire and also back to cromwell sand pit. Check out the site and let me know whats up.

dead link:

Web Utilities
File Manager
Protect web directory utility (.htaccess)

DB Utilities
phpMyAdmin - Admin interface for MySQL
phpPgAdmin Admin interface for PostgreSQL

EMail Utilities
IMP - mail client
Change your POP3 password

Warrior. send me soem info on your club.... I have about 10-15 riders from the Monroe/Newtown area and we are looking for new places to ride

Old 10-20-2002, 11:25 PM
Banned

Hi Tonym,

I hear that Monroe is an excellent place to ride.

I used to ride in Cromwell, and, I rode in Torrington, along route 8 twice. I forgot how to get there, but that place is pretty nice.

Let me know, I'm always looking for people to ride with. I just bought my machine a couple of weeks ago, and it has 0 hours on it.

I will be away this week, on my honeymoon. Email me with the specifics. Me and my friends are always looking for some new places to ride.

Thanks,

IronBear [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-21-2002, 09:14 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

YamiWarrior02
Where in Cheshire can you ride?

Old 10-21-2002, 11:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

There are lots of trails located just of Rt 684 on rt 10 in Cheshire Ct. You can see them from the highway comming from Meriden and also when you get of the rt 10 exit. At the light there is a path strait ahead and if you take a right there are also paths next to the park & ride lot.

Old 10-22-2002, 04:08 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

Right on!

I actually grew up in Cheshire riding in the area you speak of!!

I assume you mean hwy 691.

I used to be able to ride all the way to the castle. I wonder if you can still do that?

Anyhow,,, the sand pit that is located right at the cheshire exit is called Dickerman Pit (Old man Dickerman owned that farm before the highway was constructed in approx. 1985)

From there you can take the train tracks heading south to another sand pit which is located just behind the prison on rte 10 in cheshire.
We used to be able to take the tracks all the way to New Haven before all the tracks were converted to "Rails to Trails" (Now you can walk to New Haven)

Be carefull though!! The authorities have gotten quite aggressive lately.

Oh yeah,,,if you end up finding the prison,,,,i would stay away,,,,Ive had a number of rubber bullets fired at me in my youth..

Old 10-22-2002, 09:23 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey Bing,ya rt 691. Sounds kool.I might try it this weekend just for something different. Thanks for the info.

Quick Reply: Connecticut Riders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!