Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Tughill new york

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2002, 06:43 PM
vig
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tughill new york

Anybody no of any places to ride besides tughill, around cny?

Old 01-13-2003, 03:07 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Tughill new york

Not really CNY, but...
there is a town named Brasher Falls a little North and East of the Lewis County (Tug) area. If you call thier town clerk they will fax or send you a map of the trail system. I haven't been there yet but plan on it this summer. It is supposed to be similar to the Tug area in that the trails are mostly roads. I spoke to the town supervisor (nice guy, wants the commerce '$' riders bring with them) and he says most all of the town roads are open to ATVs, and that all trails open to ATVs are clearly marked...no riding on unmarked trails without written permission from land owner. He also mentioned an old railroad bed that goes for many, many miles that is also open to ATVs. Sounds like it could be fun, I'm waiting for a good weekend to go though because it is a long drive there from Lima (15 mi. South of Rochester).

Old 01-13-2003, 04:37 PM
Pro Rider
Default Tughill new york

Brasher Falls wasn`t too bad it was worth the trip ONCE (imo) about 4 hrs from Roch. The trails are mostly flat and grainy sand= dusty in summer. There is not much to challenge you no rocks, hills or mud bogs. We did go in the summer and it was dry. It looked like the time to go was the wet season either spring or fall because some spots had deep ruts that looked like they were wet at one time this would add some fun. The community is very atv friendly. I would highly recommend that map or a local guide (as we had) to get the most enjoyment. The trails are not really loops and a lot of intersections=easily lost.

Old 01-14-2003, 08:08 AM
Trailblazer
Default Tughill new york

Beware in Brasher Falls.

The conservation department in known to setup traps to boost their revenue. Be prepared to get tickets and pay fines. They are crooks!! Even some of the locals don't know all their scams.

Old 01-14-2003, 09:23 PM
Trailblazer
Default Tughill new york

I live in Brasher falls, I ride all of the time here alot of great riding, In the spring bring your wet suit , some of the bogs can get mighty deep. they didn't really dry up this year until august. As long as your registered and insured. old railroad beds leads to 3 big sand pits. lots of challenging hill climbs. there is also a great poker run up here at welller mountain all day ride - bring a tow rope. if anyone is coming up here to ride get a hold of me and i'll tag along. BEWARE OF THE BRASHER SWAMPS.

Old 01-15-2003, 02:03 AM
Range Rover
Default Tughill new york

when is the poker run?

Old 01-16-2003, 10:31 PM
Trailblazer
Default Tughill new york

it's in may. i'll keep u posted.

Old 01-18-2003, 06:02 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Tughill new york

What do they bust you on????

Old 01-18-2003, 06:14 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Tughill new york

any places around your place to ride??I live in Farmington!

Old 01-18-2003, 09:31 PM
Trailblazer
Default Tughill new york

mostly on registration & insurance, i've been riding for 10 years and never have be bothered.

Quick Reply: Tughill new york