Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Southwest Rider...New Mexico...Please respond !!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2002, 12:05 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Southwest Rider...New Mexico...Please respond !!

Hello all SW Riders,

Just a couple of quick questions for you all:

1. Where does everyone ride out here ?
2. Also are there any clubs out here and if so tell me about them and how to get in contact with them ?
3. What is the most popular make of ATV in the Southwest..in other words what is the most popular ?

I am in the market for a new ATV and will be getting one by the end of the year and just wanted to know what kind of popularity they have in New Mexico in particular.

Thanks for all responses [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-04-2002, 12:53 PM
Range Rover

Ok guys,

I know that some of you must have ridden in New Mexico or even life here. I know that I can find info. on where to ride but I was hoping that you all could give me opinions and specifics on some trails such as:

<U>Difficulty, length, skill level needed, facilities, location, etc.</U>

Any information would be most appreciated since I am going my new ride soon and will waste no time getting it out.....although it is snowing here today in Albuquerque, NM.

Thanks again.....

Old 01-20-2003, 09:49 AM
HAZ
Trailblazer

Hay i live in rio rancho there are alot of places to ride around here. The end of southern blv.

Old 01-20-2003, 10:52 PM
Pro Rider

The most popular ATV in the SW region is kind of broad. If you go to the dunes, you'll see lots of Banshees and Raptors. In the woods you'll find 400ex's and Z400s. In the mountains and mud you'll find the 4x4 Grizzlies, Polaris and Hondas. Farmers like anything with a rack.

You should first determine where you can ride, and then find a machine to match the terrain.

Old 01-24-2003, 11:08 AM
Trailblazer

I live in Southeastern NM and ride alot of dunes. Not big ones like Kermit, TX but okay size. There are some trails near Roswell, but I have never ridden them. Also, Cloudcroft and Ruidoso both have trails.

Old 06-26-2003, 07:05 PM
Range Rover

I live in southeast nm too now but i don't know where to ride either.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 06-29-2003, 11:18 PM
Trailblazer

I know I'm "late to respond", but I'd also like information on ATV areas around Albuquerque.....

I've been riding out at Montessa with a buddy.......but that's it so far (not counting the end of Eubank).....

I've heard of the area at the end of Southern.....could I get more detailed directions?.....

Are there any trails around Sante Fe or Pecos?.......

Thanks in advance!.....

Trending Topics

Old 07-18-2003, 01:44 PM
Trailblazer

Any chance I could get directions to the riding area at the end of southern blvd?.......

I'd be starting at Kirtland AFB.....

Thanks in advance!

Old 07-19-2003, 05:49 PM
Trailblazer

Bogspores, get on I-25 heading north. Exit at Alameda and turn left. Go West on Alameda until it changes into 528. Stay on 528. It will curve to your right and you will be heading north. Take 528 to Southern Blvd. Turn left. Take Southern until it ends. The pavement will change into dirt. Keep going. You will reach an open space. You're there.

Old 07-19-2003, 06:54 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the directions Harv!.......

My buddy and I headed out there today.......that area is freakin' HUGE!......About how far can you ride heading West?.......and North?......

I've got a GPS (Garmin) and the "ExpertGPS" software, so I'm able to load up the area out there, and then view the satelite photo of it......from the satelite photo, it appears there are no (visible) boundaries heading west or north?......just WIDE OPEN SPACE!.....jeez!.....

Unfortunately, it takes almost 50 minutes just to drive from Kirtland out there.......

We'll probably continue to go to Montessa for now......just cus' it's closer (15 minutes)......

Quick Reply: Southwest Rider...New Mexico...Please respond !!