Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Ever been to Pismo Beach?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2002, 11:03 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ever been to Pismo Beach?

I will be bringing my quad with me but my friend will rent one from Pismo. There are three places from the internet that I saw that rents ATV's. Any tips on where to ride and what to look out for? Want to make sure I have a good time and want to be able to enjoy Pismo as much as possible.

Thanks

Old 11-11-2002, 04:03 PM
Range Rover

Pismo is a small area so you will see it all in a few hours. The only thing that can ruin a day at pismo is the drive in and the drive out. If you have 4 wheel drive lower the presure in your tires before you hit the beach and you should be OK. If you are 2 wheel drive lower the presure and park at the first place you can unload your quad. When you do get stuck know a good tow point at the front of your vehicle and just hang out for smwbody to come by and help you out. Oh yeah you have to cross a little stream to get in. Make sure you hit it as close to low tide as possible.

Woodo

Old 11-11-2002, 04:58 PM
Weekend Warrior

My friend will go with me and he will be renting a quad there. So I guess for me to park near the rental area should be ok since I dont have to go out to the beach? Im planning to rent a van.

Old 11-11-2002, 05:22 PM
Range Rover

Be sure to use CAUTION the first time out, Make sure you know the area you are riding before blindly going off a 40' razor back. Check out the area before you go flying at full speed as the drop offs can get you. Don't get me wrong it is a great place just be carefull the first time to get to know the area.

Old 11-13-2002, 06:41 PM
Trailblazer

Definitely watch those razor backs. The wind normally comes from the ocean. So if your riding away from the beach I advise really watching the dunes on the other side before going over. Also occasionally there are really strong winds so watch your stuff (EZ ups, light weight tents, etc... They will fly away!) Also check out Pismo's web site for tide information

http://www.classic-california.com/ti...#AUGUST%202002 .

If your taking a 2 wheel drive make sure you go during low tide. Also watch the tide levels because they can get pretty high. Example, We were out there in May some guy woke up to find his car in the ocean. They had a tow truck haul the thing out with a wench. After the dudes car was out he opened his car door and all kinds of water rushed out. Brand new truck too. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Pismo's small but my fav place to ride. Hope you have a good time.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]