Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Question about Indiana

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2003, 08:56 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about Indiana

I was wanting to know about riding areas in indiana close to louisville. I've been to lynnville and rode some but couldn't find all the trails Ive heard of. Also I just recieved my registration in the mail and was wondering about the placement of the numbers. Are they really that strict on the 3" letters or can I use smaller ones? Any info is much appreciated.

Old 01-02-2003, 09:44 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lynnville is shut down now but 5 miles north is Spurgen where you can ride on coal company land and state owned land. To get there take state road 61 north to county rd 1200 turn east and go about a mile to the cross roads.To the left is coal property and you can ride it without numbers but dont get on any state road($75 fine)to the right is state owned and DNR enforces registration numbers and they arent so picky about the size or placement as long as you have your card on you.Oh yea the state ground is shut down till feb. for deer hunting. hope this helps Brad

Old 01-02-2003, 10:01 PM
Weekend Warrior

ftwflh.....Thanks, it was a big help especially the heads up on the deer hunting season. Don't like the tickets. i've been to the crossroads in spurgeon, if I'm right there is a minimart on the left and when I asked them about riding they told me to go back past 64 on the left...I think it wwas the lions club. Thanks again for replying , The coal company doesn't care if we ride? I was thinking of putting the #s on the front fenders like they want but 3" is a bit much. Thanks again

Old 01-03-2003, 10:20 AM
Trailblazer

Kywarrior, you are from new haven right, in Nelson county, I figured there would be some good riding around Howardstown, used to go there to get beer, anyway if you know any good places around nelson co let me know we got some here in barren co, and also in Hart co.

Old 01-20-2003, 03:46 PM
Pro Rider

Kywarrior,
This might be a little late but you don't want to ride at the Lions Club it is closed down and you will get a ticket there. The cross roads ftwflh was talking about is down county road 1200. When you get off at the Lynnville exit head north on State Road 61. I can't remember how many miles (maybe (10-15miles) but right before you get to the town of Spurgeon you will see county road 1200 hang a right there. Then you will see the Crossroad a couple miles east on 1200.
I hope this helps.