Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Help no riding in NJ they are thinking of shutting it down

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2003, 09:36 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help no riding in NJ they are thinking of shutting it down

We need your help we have one legal area. The state is looking into opening 4 to 5 areas by 2005. But now the envirmental groups have started a writing and e-mail to the person in charge. They are might start re-thinking there descion. Please take a second and e-mail bradley.campbell@dep.state.nj.us and also mmchugh@dep.state.nj.us please keep it clean and you don't have to be from NJ. A short positive statement about Atv's and how it would be great to have another park in Waretown NJ. Thanks guys (your state can be next) We are so close to getting our second area in Waretown NJ and West Milford now we might lose it.

Old 01-08-2003, 08:12 PM
Pro Rider

Well if you are not planning on sending them a bag of money, you probably won't get far. As far as I know NJ polititians don't even open their mail unless it comes with a bag of money........

Old 01-10-2003, 06:32 PM
Pro Rider

I wrote in to the Politicians and all they told me about was how much damage our ATV's do to the environment. I have that letter around here somewhere, i don't remember who replied to me. Yeah, it's really bad here, i dont know where the heck people ride anymore and i dont know if it's worth getting a quad again. I sold me 400ex last year but i was in a dealer last week and saw a black Raptor and wanted to throw a downpayment on the thing but where would i ride it?

Old 01-16-2003, 04:24 AM
Pro Rider

Hey guys dont give up so easy. The politicians will be listening to us real soon if we all just get organised like the enviro **** groups are. This is happening right now. Check out our new state wide off road group and please join, its free and the more registered members the more pull we will have with the politicians.

Jersey Off Road Vehicle Association

You dont even need to own a quad, Bike, jeep, truck, bicycle etc just have an interest in having access to the state land we all own and not be shut out by the strangle hold the sierra club has on our state legislators.

This is a excelent chance to change things and you are needed so please join and forward this to everyone you know that can help.

Old 01-18-2003, 05:51 PM
Pro Rider

thanks for the info. WE JUST WANT TO BE FREE TO RIDE OUR MACHINES AND NOT BE HASTLED BY THE MAN

Old 01-20-2003, 12:10 AM
Pro Rider

I wrote an Letter to Bradley Cambell and got reply that they were looking into it . I think they should open the pinelind and fire roads and charger fees to ride , but instead they raise taxes ,ez pass ,car insurance. As for the enviro that is losing battle they have to much $$$ . In my business we try to fight them about fishing regulation and lose most of the time .They need to get real here .We dont want to ride over tree just ride on the rails and not have to worry about the cops. We all pay alot of taxes and should be able to ride somewhere beside small area of Chatworth . Well since I have vented let me know what we can do. Maybe Govenor Mc Greedy will smarten up Cant wait to move to FLA

Old 01-27-2003, 01:36 PM
Trailblazer

yeah i live in new jersey too and there is NOWHERE to ride. I know theres places in south jersey but thats a while from my house. The only public place i know to go is jack frost mtn. is PA. But i heard rumor of a track soon to be built in harmony nj next year. I hope so

Old 01-27-2003, 07:29 PM
Pro Rider

heard the DEP ***** are having every 1 arrested and fined.I ride illegally screw the politicans an environmentalsts before ya know it well all be branded as terrorists for soemthng!LOL

Old 06-05-2003, 10:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

yo o3thirdeyeo3 i live near hackettstown nj, i have a Suzuki LT230S. Mabye we could ride sometime, that is if any trails are ever opened.

Old 06-13-2003, 05:26 PM
Trailblazer

I ran into the Sierra club while searching online about ATV & NJ. They had a form letter asking you to add your comments and customize it. It was all about how we ruin everything.... So I customized it. I expressed my opinions. I explained how nice it would be to have a designated use trail system so the ATVs could ride in the Forrests without bothering the hikkers or harassing the hourses. I made it clear that all we want is "somewhere"... not everywhere.

I got form letters back from a coiuple of politicians. Then, after about 6 months, I got an email reply with the original attached. What I found out to my horror, wat that the Sierra club didn't send the message I customized. Ooooohhhh Noooooo. They sent out their own F---ing form letter with my name on it. Well, they messed with the wrong guy!

I have since written to all the political folks I got replies from and let them know that they cannot trust anything they recieve from the Sierra club. I explained that they used my name and totally misrepresented my opinions. I detailed the proof. And I tried to convey the point that the Sierra club is about nothing but it's own ajenda and doesn't care about representing the opinions of New Jerseans!

OK. I'm putting my soapbox away now...

Quick Reply: Help no riding in NJ they are thinking of shutting it down